CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go!

+5
sweetdrk1
creolebeauty1
tamtam7
curlista
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
9 posters

Go down

Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go! Empty Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd January 2011, 12:05 am

Three weeks ago, I colored my hair and, as expected, it dried out my hair. I have been moisturizing the nth power but I have still rough, brittle ends. Sad I been noticing split ends and a little bit of breakage. I condition my hair as often as I can to hopefully repair my ends but when is it time to trim? I don't want to be scissor happy or act prematurely.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go! Empty Re: Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go!

Post by curlista 22nd January 2011, 12:14 am

You mentioned conditioning but have you done protein treatments? Color breaks down the protein in your hair, making it dry, brittle, and more prone to breakage. I know smh, I'm having that problem now.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go! Empty Re: Tell me Whyyyyy, Is it Sooo, Don't Wanna Let You Go!

Post by tamtam7 22nd January 2011, 11:30 am

LOL! I love the title of your post!

It seems to vary. I just read online that you should trim your hair 4-6 months if you want to grow your hair out long. My stylist usually say 6-8 weeks! Here are some of the responses on this site I just checked out. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080801124443AAOpFBo
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd January 2011, 11:38 am

LOL the tittle had me wondering lol i second that before letting it go try a few protein , keratin treatments maybe that will help
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2011, 2:18 pm

LOL at having the attention grabbing title! I am happy to say I have yet to have issues with color. Are you all doing it at home or having it done professionally? I get it done professionally and I deep condition weekly by adding EVOO and Honey to my conditioner. I put a plastic cap on for a min of an hour, longer if I get distracted. I also spray my hair twice a day.

I agree with trying some treatments before trimming. But I will say I learned the hard way that getting a regular trim is key!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd January 2011, 6:29 pm

Thanks for the responses ladies! MJ was on my mind. Smile I think I'll try a protein treatment as suggested. I'm going to go on a hunt for Henna (an Indian Market in Alaska?) and if I can find it I'll do that. I'm also going to look into herbal rinses. Thanks again for helping!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 22nd January 2011, 9:47 pm

I HATE HATE HATE! trimming with a passion, but if your ends are looking split and feeling dry its probably time for a trim. When was your last trim?
I'm trying to keep a calender to remember each time I trim. Although I hate trimming after i'm done and the ends feel smoth and nice I'm in heaven LOL
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 23rd January 2011, 1:03 am

Don't limit yourself to Indian markets, because you might find it at any Eastern or Middle Eastern type market.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 23rd January 2011, 2:37 am

Nessa101 wrote:I HATE HATE HATE! trimming with a passion, but if your ends are looking split and feeling dry its probably time for a trim. When was your last trim?
I'm trying to keep a calender to remember each time I trim. Although I hate trimming after i'm done and the ends feel smoth and nice I'm in heaven LOL

Me too! My last trim was probably 5 weeks ago which is why I'm trying everything before I have to resort to clipping.

Madeaj wrote:Don't limit yourself to Indian markets, because you might find it at any Eastern or Middle Eastern type market.

You know what? After a little bit of Google-ing I discovered I there is an Indian Market right around the corner! I racked up on Henna!!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 26th January 2011, 1:47 pm

Potential dumb newbie question: Dependent on your color...wouldn't henna possibly interfere with to color?
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 26th January 2011, 1:51 pm

My hair is red already so, no but it doesn't really change your color, it only gives it a tint... So when I Henna'd it made my hair a 1/4th of a shade more red. Not enough to notice.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 26th January 2011, 1:53 pm

NaturalG.R.I.T.S. wrote:Potential dumb newbie question: Dependent on your color...wouldn't henna possibly interfere with to color?
Although I have heard, if you do it regularly it makes it more difficult for you to color over it because the Henna coats your hair. And there are no dumb questions! Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th January 2011, 12:30 am

Trimming hair may be beneficial. Check out the blog by Natural Haven. She explained why and where to trim in a recent post. Trimming in twists is suggested. Twists should be from a section of hair that is one inch by one inch. Trim where the end gets thinner.

Split ends will eventually thin out your damaged hair strands since the split will travel up the strand. This weakens your hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down