CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

3 posters

Go down

Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout Empty Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by mrscoutrmmm 18th January 2011, 10:18 pm

Now I was already giving the company the *side eye* Rolling Eyes for the name of the products. Tha was tacky to me. But after this I wouldnt care if the cure to all my curl problems were in one of their bottles. Mad

Over the past few weeks on Twitter, there has been a battle raging between #teamlightskin and #teamdarkskin, sparked in part by a “Light Skinned Versus Dark Skinned” party taking place in Ohio on January 21. The Mixed Chicks brand decided to get in on the fun and tweeted,

#teamlightskin sure hope all will try @Mixedchicks to care 4 those curls.”

Naturally, black women responded in outrage because the brand has a large following among women who aren’t bi-racial or light skinned.

Ishould be common knowledge that curly haired women cover the color spectrum, and bi-racial women come in all complexions.

The ‘tweeter’ behind Mixed Chicks’ account went on to say that they sent messages to several different “teams”, but a blogger tracking the story didn’t see a #teamdarkskin tweet. (Feel free to email me the link if it exists, so that I can update this story.)

For a more detailed account of the situation, please check out this article on SakitaHolley.com, but in the meanwhile what are your thoughts on the whole situation?

mrscoutrmmm

Back to top Go down

Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout Empty Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by Guest 25th January 2011, 12:27 am

it's a shame when u got once race in particular (the one that gets te blame already for everything) going against one another and it shouldn't matter who is lightskinned or darkskinned i mean one complexion isn't better than the other b/c still the white man sees u as blk ....i mean what are u trying to do?? nothing but hurting urself and the blk race as a whole..pathetic......idk wut ppls problems are and this may have been a touchy topic for some, but glad i'm the first to respond Smile hee hee Wink ~

Back to top Go down

Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout Empty Re: Mixed Chicks supports team light skin on Twitter, experiences fallout

Post by allmundjoi 30th January 2011, 4:05 am

Honey, I live in Columbus, where this supposed party was going to take place. The promoters were blasted by the media by the inappropriate nature of the promotions for the party. Folks here were outraged. I had heard that the promoters had replaced that promo with another one. I am not sure if this happened. As for Mixed Chicks, I am not a fan of the name, but it's sad to see a large company cosign the madness. The company needs to retract the statements, if they haven't done so already. It is absolutely ridiculous, up there with the attempt in segregation in the high school in PA. Really? Thanks for the wake up call, I was dozing.
allmundjoi
allmundjoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 6th February 2011, 4:49 pm

Mixed chicks hair products dry my hair out Evil or Very Mad

Not a twitter follower so I had no idea this was going on. My response to that is SMH.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down