CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie/Transitioning

5 posters

Go down

Newbie/Transitioning Empty Newbie/Transitioning

Post by ytiznatural 5th December 2009, 11:58 am

Hello all, I will start off by saying I am a stay at home mom and married to a wonderful man of 11 years. I decided to start transitioning in July of this year but was sidetracked becase I only watched youtube and did not visit in hair forums, and couldnt keep styles and was discouraged because I got weird looks I was self conscience and my mom said she missed me looking like a barbie. After I permed my hair, I missed the fluffy transitioning stage, I permed on September 10th, but Havent since then, I am happy with my growth and I have been visititing LHCF and also Fotki pages and I have learned a lot. I love braidouts and that is my staple hairstyle. I am aware of Cathy Howse and will start using her system and products and the weeks that I am not using her products I have a few choice products i will use. In these few months, I have purchased several products and I am sure the expriration date has a long lt life so the longer the transition maybe I will start liking the product. Ok, I plan to go natural as long as it takes and I dont plan to BC. I have shoulder length hair, and since the last few months I have learned a lot to the fact that I have maintained length and still going. I am hoping that I have at least armpit length or close to it by May. I would love to join challenges so this can encourage me, and I will love to meet friends to keep me encourage so that I dont have anyone like friends or my mom to talk me to doing what i did this summer, I love my hair and never think I would say something like that. I have seen pictures that have kept me wanting to push on and hopefully new friends will do the same. Thanks in advance to any advice or help I will get from this site
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Newbie/Transitioning Empty Re: Newbie/Transitioning

Post by Lynnieluve 5th December 2009, 12:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. You are definitely in the right place. I am a stay at home mom too. My son is 21 months old and climbing on the fireplace as I type (GET DOWN SON, GET DOWN!!). LOL! How old is/are your child/ren?

I applauded you for doing a long term transition. I have heard of people transitioning 2 years, doing mini chops along the way, without doing a BC. I didnt have the patience. I transitioned 4 months and big chopped myself. (Check out my fotki in my siggie - I updated it last night)

When your family/friends continue to make negative comments, just remember you are doing this for YOU. Come on Curlynikki.com and rant about and get support from people who LOVE natural hair.

My advice is to continue to do your research as you not only transition your hair but also your mind to true natural beauty. Good luck on your journey and enjoy the process!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th December 2009, 12:17 pm

I just notice we are the same age (my b-day is tomorrow) and we both live in MS!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 5th December 2009, 12:32 pm

That is so cool that you are in Mississippi, I am so excited to lean this. My son will be 2 next month, I have two daughters 10 and 7 and I can tell you my son drives me up the wall. I wouls surelv visit your fotki, and I would love to keep in touch, and Happy Bday, thanks so much for responding, and I will be mindful about what you are telling me, and here goes to a long journey
Thanks Again
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 5th December 2009, 1:35 pm

Welcome to the forum!!!

Transitioning is hard - but I am sure you will find that this forum here...this forum here...(I heart CN!) will help you along the way
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silkee 7th December 2009, 2:32 pm

This site has been a tremendous help for me. I BC'd in May of 09 so I am still fairly new and learning. I have to admit that I was truly clueless before I was introduced to this site. This site has been very helpful. There is a wealth of information here and more is added each day. You have come to the right place. Thanks CN...
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 7th December 2009, 3:01 pm

Welcome sis. Make sure you check out the transitioning folder. You'll find sistas that are going through the same thing you are now and you all can be each others transitioning support. For overall support, advice, laughs, and information you've come to the right spot Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down