CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aphogee Products

+3
misstatum
Ambitious_Tiff
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
7 posters

Go down

Aphogee Products Empty Aphogee Products

Post by NaturalGreenEyedDiva 13th January 2011, 7:54 pm

im interested in trying this product out, because i just believe i need to just start all over with my hair. Curl pattern has changed.....and very thin in some spots.
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
NaturalGreenEyedDiva

Back to top Go down

Aphogee Products Empty Re: Aphogee Products

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 14th January 2011, 6:24 pm

Which products are you considering trying? I have used a lot of their products so I will give you a brief synopsis of what I think on each.

Leave-In Conditioner Spray: Great for moisturizing on the go. Does not leave any type of film or build up. Smells good.

The Two Step Protein Treatment: If you are thinking of trying this, make sure you read the instructions SEVERAL TIMES before you do it and follow the instructions to the letter. It is a very effective treatment if done right. However, done incorrectly it will cause breakage and dryness. I have used it 2x and have experienced less shed both times. Unfortunately, it is FUNKY like old gym socks on steroids. Suspect It is also very watery and messy to apply. Therefore I recommend applying this with a spray bottle. Try not to get it on your skin b/c it kinda burns. Can't stress enough the important of NOT agitating your hair while this stuff is hard and making sure it has been thoroughly rinsed out. You also definitely need to dc and moisturize after use.

Shampoo for Damaged Hair: Cleanses well and smells good but contains SLS so can be pretty drying. Not so bad if you prepoo first. Honestly, I don't see to much difference between this and other Damaged Hair shampoos but please consider that I shampoo my hair like I used to perm, about every 8 weeks.

The 2 Minute Keratin Treatment:I really love this. I always make sure I use it after I wash my hair after flat ironing to help restore my texture as much as possible. This too smells nice and its great b/c you don't need to leave it in forever so you can use it in the shower without using all of your hot water or passing out, lol.

The Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer: GREAT heat protectant. I use this when I flat iron AND when I am just using a hood dryer. My hair never comes out stiff and water is actually the first ingredient so I guess it can be kinda moisturizing, idk though. You don't even have to use a lot. I tend to be heavy handed with product so I spray it in my hands and apply it to the section I am about to flat iron. This way I am also sure I get my ends and roots well. I just spray it when using it under a hood dryer.

With all of that being said, if you are looking for something to help thicken your hair, I suggest you try castor oil (I have experienced growth with this) or do some research on henna (I have not tried it but a lot of ladies have had fabulous results) to help thicken the strands you have. HTH!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misstatum 18th January 2011, 5:42 pm

I have also tried all of the same Aphogee products as Ambitious Tiff….. mainly during my long term transition and during my newly natural days…..

I used the leave-in conditioner the same way that some would use setting lotion….it worked well on rod styles….and I agree that it smells good….LOL

I LOVE the protein treatment….I currently use this along with the balancing moisturizer every few months…..too much protein can cause more issues with breakage….my hair shedding was minimal and the results were GREAT….smells AWFUL!!!

I also used the shampoo and conditioner…..I feel like it was a really good combo….I shampoo and condition my hair weekly….I never notice drying with the shampoo but I always followed up with the 2 minute keratin treatment….I’m actually debating getting keratin treatment to use under my Huetiful steam sessions…..

I didn’t make very much use of the restucturizer…..I actually still have it….I may break it out the next time I flat iron
misstatum
misstatum

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th January 2011, 10:17 pm

I have only used it once but I really think I like the 2 Minute Keratin Treatment. I shampooed and put it on and left it on for about 25 minutes. (sheer laziness was the reason I didn't wash it out) and I really felt good about the way my hair felt afterward. I convinced myself that it was pyschological, but now I'm thinking, not.

I wore a wash and go the next day and later that evening I decided to twist my hair. I used my paddle brush and Burdock Root Butter to detangle my hair (shrinkage was insane from the WNG) and then I did twists. I wore a twist out the next day and again today. I'm not kidding when I say my hair is not shedding. I swear it feels stronger.

I definitely made up my mind to try the 2 Step Protien Treatment, because I know my hair needs some more protien. I look forward to more reviews.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 30th January 2011, 2:59 am

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Which products are you considering trying? I have used a lot of their products so I will give you a brief synopsis of what I think on each.

Leave-In Conditioner Spray: Great for moisturizing on the go. Does not leave any type of film or build up. Smells good.

The Two Step Protein Treatment: If you are thinking of trying this, make sure you read the instructions SEVERAL TIMES before you do it and follow the instructions to the letter. It is a very effective treatment if done right. However, done incorrectly it will cause breakage and dryness. I have used it 2x and have experienced less shed both times. Unfortunately, it is FUNKY like old gym socks on steroids. Suspect It is also very watery and messy to apply. Therefore I recommend applying this with a spray bottle. Try not to get it on your skin b/c it kinda burns. Can't stress enough the important of NOT agitating your hair while this stuff is hard and making sure it has been thoroughly rinsed out. You also definitely need to dc and moisturize after use.

Shampoo for Damaged Hair: Cleanses well and smells good but contains SLS so can be pretty drying. Not so bad if you prepoo first. Honestly, I don't see to much difference between this and other Damaged Hair shampoos but please consider that I shampoo my hair like I used to perm, about every 8 weeks.

The 2 Minute Keratin Treatment:I really love this. I always make sure I use it after I wash my hair after flat ironing to help restore my texture as much as possible. This too smells nice and its great b/c you don't need to leave it in forever so you can use it in the shower without using all of your hot water or passing out, lol.

The Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer: GREAT heat protectant. I use this when I flat iron AND when I am just using a hood dryer. My hair never comes out stiff and water is actually the first ingredient so I guess it can be kinda moisturizing, idk though. You don't even have to use a lot. I tend to be heavy handed with product so I spray it in my hands and apply it to the section I am about to flat iron. This way I am also sure I get my ends and roots well. I just spray it when using it under a hood dryer.

With all of that being said, if you are looking for something to help thicken your hair, I suggest you try castor oil (I have experienced growth with this) or do some research on henna (I have not tried it but a lot of ladies have had fabulous results) to help thicken the strands you have. HTH!

You have answered all my questions/concerns about Aphogee. I have been thinking about using the 2 step protein treatment. Thanks!! I will be sure to follow the directions to the letter!
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 9th February 2011, 12:36 pm

I wish I could try the two step treatment process because I want to flat iron my hair very soon, but this product has silicone in it. That ingredient tends to dry my hair out so I'm still on the hunt to find a protein treatment without the cones. Good luck on your journey and I hope your hair reverts back to its original curl pattern. rendeer
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 22nd February 2011, 3:45 pm

When I decided in November 2010 to wear my transitioned hair as it was natural and stop letting the Dominicans salon blow my hair straight, I noticed that I was starting to shed alot. I wasn't sure what was causing it, so I did some research and decided to use the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment and immediately my hair stopped shedding. I haven't had shedding like that since I used it.

I also purchased the Leave-In Conditioner spray to help keep the protein balance of my hair. I use it everytime I wash/co-wash my hair.
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

http://public.fotki.com/Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down