CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any hairstyles for an in-betweener?

+2
NaptownCurls
bushbaby
6 posters

Go down

any hairstyles for an in-betweener? Empty any hairstyles for an in-betweener?

Post by bushbaby 11th January 2011, 12:20 am

hello everyone Smile i'm brand new to this forum and fairly new to the natural world. i've only been natural for a year and change now. about a year and a half ago i shaved my head and have been growing my hair ever since and now my hair is at the awkward stage where its no longer considered a TWA yet its not really long enough to wear a lot of hairstyles except braids and twistouts. most of the time i just pin up my twists and throw a tam over it. but im getting a bit restless and need some new options. is there anything else i can do? help please
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

any hairstyles for an in-betweener? Empty Re: any hairstyles for an in-betweener?

Post by NaptownCurls 11th January 2011, 5:41 pm

I would add a head band to a W&G or twistout. Sometimes add a little gel to the front to smooth hairs down. There are so many cute head bands out there, casual to a little more dressy so I would just switch up. Also, try a cute little puff, I didn't think I had enough hair for one at the time, until I seen a photo of someone whose hair was as short as mine with one, so I decided to give it a try, and I could do it and it was cute too! So give that a try too!

NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

any hairstyles for an in-betweener? Empty Re: any hairstyles for an in-betweener?

Post by LaToya28 13th January 2011, 12:33 pm

I'm at that same stage so I understand completely. This week I did a braidout, but I put a "hairband" around the front. It's a cute variation of the regular old braidout. Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5htw8rZfic&feature=related

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 18th January 2011, 6:14 pm

@naptown curls actually i have worn a puff before. i guess i just get kind of bored with my hair but i was thinking about wearing braids for a little while i just dont know what style i should do yet.and wearing a headband is almost mandatory at this point since my hair is so thick.

@latoya28 i will try to do a hairband once i learn how to perfect it.
thank you ladies for the advice Smile
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 18th January 2011, 7:13 pm

I am at that stage in my journey and i have been rocking that "roll style" that i saw on the "stylin' and profilin" section of this forum...
the thread itself is about the kimmatube leave-in mixture and it is by fttifrenee...and she is sporting that awesome do...i've been wearing my hair like that for two weeks now Smile
I hope that helps....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 18th January 2011, 7:16 pm

Oh...if you are not in a corporate setting...you can also try a frohawk like the one in my avatar...
I achieved the look by doing some big braids and keeping my hair braided for a few hours...i then unravelled my hair and pinned the sides...
idk...just another idea...

I'm really going to start playing with my braidouts and twistouts now...using bobby pins...

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 19th January 2011, 3:26 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:Oh...if you are not in a corporate setting...you can also try a frohawk like the one in my avatar...
I achieved the look by doing some big braids and keeping my hair braided for a few hours...i then unravelled my hair and pinned the sides...
idk...just another idea...

I'm really going to start playing with my braidouts and twistouts now...using bobby pins...

yes i am going to try that. actually my hair has been in twists all week now so a fro hawk will look really nice.
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 20th January 2011, 11:50 am

My hair is not long enough for a lot of other styles as well but I incoporate a flower alot in my hair I do alot of twist out fros sometimes I just take the twist out & take the pic just lift my hair to get a little volume or I will use my fingers
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 8:14 pm

I find a lot of cute styles for "in between hair" on this site. She also has a yt channel... Okay, the link I tried to make didn't work, but here is the address: www.kinkycurlycoilyme.com
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 21st January 2011, 1:22 pm

thanks ladies! good advise!

ok so i know i said i was going to try braids but i got a thought the other day...i really want to stretch my hair out so on my wash day i'm planning on blowing my hair out first and then i'm going to either do chunky twists or bantu knots. oh and i just bought jane carters solution nourish n shine! i'm very excited to try it! we'll see how it goes... i'll post pics

thanks again Smile
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 25th January 2011, 5:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 25th January 2011, 6:05 pm

Very nice missy...
Care to share what you did?
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 25th January 2011, 8:08 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:Very nice missy...
Care to share what you did?

thanks ok so as i stated before i wanted to stretch my hair a bit so what i did was blow it out first. after washing,conditioning and detangling my hair i made about ten twists and then i proceeded to unravel each twist then i put a little jojoba oil then about pea size of shea moisture hair milk. then i sprayed some chi iron guard heat protectant. i blow dried then put a bit of jane carter solution nourish n shine and made a chunky twist. i have to say i am LOVING the results! ITS GORGEOUS !Smile
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th January 2011, 11:28 pm

wow....glad someone re-posted this cause i posted it and got a bunch of views and no answers....thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th January 2011, 11:33 pm

i have tried a braid out before and it sucked and then i tried a twist out and it came out a little better, but i need more length so maybe i will be able to rock it better in the hotter months Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 26th January 2011, 1:15 am

I definitely agree. You got wonderful results....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 27th January 2011, 6:29 pm

thanks so much Smile
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 27th January 2011, 6:35 pm

Guest wrote:i have tried a braid out before and it sucked and then i tried a twist out and it came out a little better, but i need more length so maybe i will be able to rock it better in the hotter months Wink

you should try what i did. i admit i used to feel a little skeptical about applying heat to my hair but since i used a heat protectant i feel a little better about it. you know shrinkage is a bitch and i understand where youre coming from but if you want some length i suggest you try it and see how you feel about it.
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 27th January 2011, 7:04 pm

I use grapeseed oil and call it a day!

I'm trying not to use eat until march but I've never had a problem after blow drying my hair... No heat damage at all...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down