CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair

+12
Aunt_Lola
AdrianaSFleury
Peggy
sydnisd183
DreamMerchant
DvaAuNaturel
Curliana
creolebeauty1
Sunshyne
kekesmom29
fanmnatirel
Loving me
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair Empty Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 12:18 pm

Disclaimer: I DO NOT work for All About My Hair! lol. Im just passing on something I found to be great to anyone who is interested in a good product. Sew-ins arent for everybody. But if you love em like I do, see below!

Okay so the cold makes my hair dry out a little and it has taught me that it likes to grow most when I leave it alone and thats not happening so i decided to put it away for the winter. I was tired of the usual sew in I do, Pro 10 Bohemian Curly. The texture changes after a few weeks and it gets all itchy and I end up having to buy more hair and do it over. With that said I been hearing about Remy Kinky Curly from www.allaboutmyhair.com

I know ordering hair online, a risk, but I said what they heck! I lived on the wild side and ordered one pack. The cost... $95.00 affraid i know i know, dont lecture me!

It arrived I was excited it came in this cute little packaging and took about a week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is how it looks out the pack. felt very soft and natural. was softer than my own damn hair! (lol)

Because It was only 4oz's ( and I have a huge head like a martian) I ended up slicing the weft in half giving me more hair to work with. Because the hair was so thick and lucious this worked out perfect as I didnt loose any density.
I parted out the front the sides the kitchen and a small horshoe in the middle so that I would have a few styling options.

After I sewed in my hair (while i was drinking chilled Brandy. Not a good idea! ever!) I took sections and applied CD Tui leave in , Shea Moistures raw organic shea reconstructive conditioner and some EVOO - combed it to get the loose shedding hair off then put a few big two strand twists.
* I twisted my own hair as well, you can see the difference in the legnths in the picture*

I took down the twists this morning and fluffed...

It was sooo soft and fluffy and its light and not itchy like the bohemian curl I usually get.

Im happy with this hair and i'll let you know if it was worth the $95 dollars after I wash it and stuff in a few weeks! lol.

But I must tell you ladies, for those of you that are into sew ins, this hair is georgeous up close.

Very Happy
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair Empty Re: Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair

Post by fanmnatirel 10th January 2011, 12:57 pm

LMAO at the disclaimer!

Your hair came out super cute!

Not sure i'd spend the 95$ though...lol...(ALTHOUGH when i was relaxed, i would spend tons of money on sew-ins)...

I actually might try something like that this weekend but with much cheaper hair....
How much do you usually pay for the boheamian curl? Is it available at any BSS?
I have never done it before so wish me luck...lol
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair Empty Re: Remy Kinky Curly from All About My Hair

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 1:09 pm

Thanks girl!

Yes 95 dollars was a strecth for me, I almost got nauseous typing in my card number. lol.

The bohemian curl is about $12.99 a pack and I usually use a pack and a half then comb it out to get the volume. Any BSS should have it.

Good luck girl, hook it up! Very Happy
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 10th January 2011, 1:12 pm

nice!
Thanks for the info...

Enjoy yours...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 10th January 2011, 1:25 pm

Your hair looks really nice! I want to try something like this but I've never done a sew in....
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 10th January 2011, 1:43 pm

That is too cute! I am tempted to get a sew-in now...even though I vowed never to get on again after the last one...they just itch so much!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 1:51 pm

Sunshyne wrote:That is too cute! I am tempted to get a sew-in now...even though I vowed never to get on again after the last one...they just itch so much!

massage the scalp with whatever butter or oil you usually use for your scalp as much as you would if you didnt have the weave. Also, you can keep some tea tree oil and EVOO in a spray bottle for the scalp and handle the itch. As far as the neck and face itching from the hair, i dont think im going to have that problem. This hair is the truth. Im at work whipping it back and forth right now Wink lol.

Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 1:53 pm

kekesmom29 wrote:Your hair looks really nice! I want to try something like this but I've never done a sew in....

Try it! But I wouldnt spend $95.00 on hair for my first time. Just in case you dont like it...

Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 10th January 2011, 1:54 pm

Thanks @Loving Me! ...well what about when it itches like Hades when I put a scarf on at night?

I may have to save up for this hair!!!!
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 1:56 pm

Sunshyne wrote:Thanks @Loving Me! ...well what about when it itches like Hades when I put a scarf on at night?

I may have to save up for this hair!!!!

Satin Bonnet! It needs to be treated like your own natural hair!
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 10th January 2011, 1:58 pm

But your sew in doesn't itch when you put a satin bonnet on? Mine does, like its suffocating or something! IDK! I know I sound crazy, but it just happens! Maybe I wasn't made for sew-ins
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 10th January 2011, 2:15 pm

chiiiiiiiile they aint for everybody.... lol.
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 10th January 2011, 3:25 pm

I'm tired of my wigs lol i may try a sew in soon i also want that bohemian hair but my problems with sew in is because i'm transitioning whatever hair i leave out the perm hair might need to get clipped so it can match the textures
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 13th January 2011, 5:56 pm

bump for curliana!
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 17th January 2011, 12:47 am

Thanks for this post...and bump lol! My hair is on its way and I am sooo excited! I ordered two packs because i didn't want to run out of hair but yours looks full with only one pack. Maybe I will tell the stylist to split the weft because I don't want the hair to be too big. I just love how natural the hair looks. It doesn't look like weave at all.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 18th January 2011, 11:19 pm

Still Loving the Hair!

Ive co -washed and it came out great. Had to detangle from tip to root just like my own natural hair to decrease the shedding.

I did a wash and go using Shea moisture conditioning curl and style milk (I added Olive Oil Eco to my own hair only cause the milk just doesnt cut it alone). I was happy with how it looked. Even though my hair is way shorter than the weave its blending in really well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] please excuse the mess in the background Embarassed

My homegirl asked me why I use my "regular" natural products on the weave. My answer to her was. Its behaving like my own hair and it cost me a grip I want to make it last as long as I can! Razz

FYI: I been massaging my scalp with Grow My Hair Butter from www.buttersandbars.com so far so good! Very Happy

Ill keep you posted.
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 18th January 2011, 11:25 pm

Curliana wrote:Thanks for this post...and bump lol! My hair is on its way and I am sooo excited! I ordered two packs because i didn't want to run out of hair but yours looks full with only one pack. Maybe I will tell the stylist to split the weft because I don't want the hair to be too big. I just love how natural the hair looks. It doesn't look like weave at all.

Gurl! you're going to love it. Im happy that I was able to tuck my hair away for the winter to give it time to rest and grow and still look like a natural me, ya know?

Glad you ordered two packs. A pack and a half might do it. Next time around if the budget allows im definately getting two.

Post pics when its in Very Happy
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 20th January 2011, 11:00 pm

Your hair looks good. I'm sure it's worth the $95. You get what you pay for. Most of the cheap BSS hair is horrible (IMO). When I did weaves with my straight hair and while transitioning I did not scrimp because my weave looked more natural, like my actual hair (IMO) with higher quality hair.

I actually thought it was your hair for a second. I was lookign at the twist pic like, I thought she said she did a sew in but she's posted twisted hair pics confused until I went back up twice to reread your post and read where you talked about actually sewing it in. I know, silly me. Anyway, it looks very natural and I hope it lasts for you. I'd like to check this out once my hair grows and is long enough to braid to do a sew in.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 20th January 2011, 11:18 pm

That looks so cool! It does not look like weave!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 21st January 2011, 1:07 pm

@DvaAuNaturel
- Thanks, and so far it is indeed worth the money! Im glad I decided to buy it. Gonna do another twist out for next week.

@ DreamMerchant
- Thanks a bunch!
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by sydnisd183 21st January 2011, 1:32 pm

Your hair looks gorgeous......i'm mad cuz now i want to buy some after looking at the site link lol....mo' money i don't have affraid
sydnisd183
sydnisd183

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 21st January 2011, 1:36 pm

sydnisd183 wrote:Your hair looks gorgeous......i'm mad cuz now i want to buy some after looking at the site link lol....mo' money i don't have affraid

LOL! Girl i was stalking this hair forever before I got the money to buy it! I had to eat cereal for two weeks but I was looking cute! (im joking by the way! It was beans...lol, nah just playing)

Thanks for the compliment tho' ...
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 22nd January 2011, 9:50 pm

Hey Loving me! I got my hair and I got the weave installed yesterday. I really like it. I did have to cut it though, i got 16 inches and it was a bit long for me. I also razored it to thin it out a lil because I didn't want it too big. I'll post pics later.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 23rd January 2011, 4:24 am

@ Curliana

Work it Girl!
woot!
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 23rd January 2011, 4:45 pm

Ok I'm not sure why I cant remember how to post pics on here because I've done it before but umm... yea... let's see what happens...

Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next