CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally?

4 posters

Go down

Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally? Empty Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally?

Post by summerbreeze76 9th January 2011, 11:08 am

I straightened and trimmed my ends yesterday. I took off quite a bit, but parts of my hair at the ends still look very rough and feel that way too. IDK if this is how they are supposed to be, but they dont feel like the rest of the length of my hair if yall know what I mean. When my hair is curly i dont notice that they look this bad. Im appreshensive to go to a professional now, b/c i took so much hair off yesterday and i dont want any more heat applied.

What do yall think should i go or is it okay that my hair is like this?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally? Empty Re: Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally?

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th January 2011, 11:17 am

Are the ends split, or just dry? I think you should examine them and see what the actual problem is before going to get your hair trimmed. If they are just rough you need to do a better job of moisturizing and sealing your ends. If they are split, then it might be a good idea to cut them off.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally? Empty Re: Wondering if I should just go get them trimmed professinoally?

Post by tshala 9th January 2011, 2:35 pm

Just give your hair two or three days rest while following the sealing and moisturizing route Bajanprincess mentioned above.Sometimes freshly cut hair needs some time to adjust (don't know why)
If you consider another trim I'd let it do a professional, but only if sh/he has specialized in cutting natural curly hair.
It does not have to be straightend for this, my stylist cuts my hair when wet (and she never takes off too much, genius she is!) and it works really good for my hair.
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2011, 2:43 pm

I agree with Bajanprincess. I would only cut them if they are split.

My end appear the same way (kinda rough in some places) but I am not cutting anymore. When I trimmed, my focus was mostly to get rid of the SSKs. I examined my ends and I didnt see any split ends.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 9th January 2011, 8:15 pm

Well ladies. My ends were horribly split....and so I got a major haircut today. I feel like I had a real BC. Im trying to be a good sport about it. I want length, but it is not more important to me than healthy hair. So I kinda feel like I am starting over.

The lady was really nice. She was willing to cut as little as I wanted her to cut, but told me that if i went that route to come back to continue and cut the bad ends. Part of my problems has always been that i am not patient, so i told her to just cut it all. And that is what she did.

I know you all say some of that is normal, but if you woulda seen my hair in person, there's no way that was normal., I couldnt run my fingers through my hair and when I held my ends up i could see completly through them.

Im hoping this will make my growth take off. I cant believe for an entire year i have taken care of my hair more than ever befor and this happens. Lesson learned, I will be getting regular trims and I doubt that i will be doing them myself. I already have my next appointment scheduled. When my battery charges I will post pics so take a look at my CSJ.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down