CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilemma (well to me I see it as one)

5 posters

Go down

Dilemma (well to me I see it as one) Empty Dilemma (well to me I see it as one)

Post by NaturallyLerei 7th January 2011, 7:30 pm

Hola again. I'm having a problem (well in my eyes I see it as a problem) for one of my new years resolution I put down being more healthier & get in shape. Well recently Tom (ummm sorry if it's too much tmi) came in my life again this month & messed up my healthy plans. The whole week it was chocolate, bread, sweet tea & ice-cream!!!!!! Now I feel like i messed up & sadly will officially have to start my health plans the coming week.

I guess the point that I'm trying to come to is what exercises do you all do, & what motivates you to not give in to the evilness of junk food (okay maybe it's not soo evil).

Ohhh also does anyone know any good breakfast foods, salad dressings & good stomach exercises :/ ( sorry this has been on my mind for a while).

Please & thank you Very Happy
NaturallyLerei
NaturallyLerei

Back to top Go down

Dilemma (well to me I see it as one) Empty Re: Dilemma (well to me I see it as one)

Post by Kekecurly 7th January 2011, 10:03 pm

First of all I dont think you should allow ANY MAN or ONE get in the Way of your goals, but i know that things happen.

Excercises you should certainly do depends on your weight also that way you can decide if you need to do a light, moderate, or heavy excercise load. But generally you need at least 30-45 mins of excercise. You can start by jogging/ running, weight training, and jumproping is also really good and works out various muscles and increases balance. Stomach excerises like sit-ups, ab crunches are good too. Look on youtube there are a ton of tutorials!!!

As for food, you will have to increase your protein intake so that your muscles will heal well. In addition, good breakfast foods such as, yogurt, eggs, oatmeal, bananas, soy milk, almonds and walnuts are very good, and blueberries and raspberries are also good to.

Kekecurly

Back to top Go down

Dilemma (well to me I see it as one) Empty Re: Dilemma (well to me I see it as one)

Post by komirra 7th January 2011, 11:08 pm

if u are just starting i wud start small. like 30 min of walkinf and jogging a day. then woork up to more strength excersices. u can get alot of information about fitness from dr.oz's website to get more info.

im working on my weight loss too, but ive been working out for a yr. im just setting more goals now. i wud also pick up some workout dvd's on amazon, i just ordered the biggest loser cardio blast, and two jillian micheals tapes. work it out girl!

btw doont let a man get u down. i understand how u feel, just know that u are better than letting a man get in the way of ur goals!
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLerei 8th January 2011, 12:06 am

Thank you for all the advice! Ummm lol I probably should have spelled it out. Tom (a word used by me & my friends alot) means "time of month". Lol don't worry my friend actually thought I was dating somebody.

I do 30 minutes on a treadmill but I can never keep up with it the next 2 days. Does actual running (like outside) work more than the machine?
@komirra- YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!
NaturallyLerei
NaturallyLerei

Back to top Go down

Post by C'Marie 8th January 2011, 2:01 am

LoL, TOM! I have the same problem. I usually try to fight my urges(it's hard), and as for exercises I do pilates and yoga(great for toning and flexibility) and do some cardio. I also agree with KeKecurly about the breakfast. To me I think running outside is better, but idk my opinion. Smile
C'Marie
C'Marie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy_Naturally 8th January 2011, 2:41 am

Um... my other half (C'Marie -my twin) is on point about trying yoga and pilates, but cardio, I've rarely seen her do. Razz As for me, I did a quiz on Seventeen.com for workouts and I actually like them. When "Tom" comes to visit, I'll get lazy and won't like getting on the floor, period . The abs workouts they gave me were all standing ones, quick, and can actually feel working. Hoped I helped. Smile
Jazzy_Naturally
Jazzy_Naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyLerei 8th January 2011, 3:39 am

Thank you!!! Very Happy I'm going to try yoga & see how that works. The only thing I have it on is the wii so I guess I'll go with that for a while.
NaturallyLerei
NaturallyLerei

Back to top Go down

Post by C'Marie 8th January 2011, 10:57 am

Yea that's where I started from, then I started looking for videos. I even have a pilates dvd. Yea but should try it.
C'Marie
C'Marie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down