CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Condish

+18
CurlyDoesIt...
sweetdrk1
svrbrownsuga
Afrosaxon
CurlySpeechTherapist
Lita
krenea
Marche'
Beautifully Human
d.denise
veggiegirl314
BlondeByDesire
*CurlyNikki*
ActionActress
satindoll
Serenity23
tiashaunteé
justpeachy
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Deep Condish Empty Deep Condish

Post by justpeachy 23rd October 2009, 6:40 pm

What is a good deep conditioner I could use for the below zero winters in Indiana? And are deep conditioners still effective w/o heat? (i dont have a hooded dryer)
justpeachy
justpeachy

Back to top Go down

Deep Condish Empty Re: Deep Condish

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd October 2009, 6:43 pm

I like to use 1/2 Lustrasilk (any kind) and mix in olive oil. Maybe the extra oil will help against the cold dry air.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 24th October 2009, 12:17 am

I use Elasta QP with some olive oil. I don't always use a hooded dryer. Sometimes I sleep wiht a plastic cap on overnight. I don't really notice a difference in doing that vs. when I sit under the hooded dryer.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 24th October 2009, 12:45 am

I'm currently looking for a new deep conditioner as well. If you don't want to use heat, which most of the time I don't, you can dc for longer periods of time. If you put a plastic cap and a towel around your head, then you should get a good deep treatment.
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by ActionActress 24th October 2009, 2:10 am

I don't use a deep conditioner per se, I like to take a conditioner ( no- cones , no parabens) and sop it into the hair in 5 sections. Then I apply coconut oil over each section and place it under a plastic cap and allow it to marinade for at least one hour. Sometimes all day.

Conditioners I use, depends on my mood:

Vo5 or Aubrey organics Jojoba conditioner.

ActionActress

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 24th October 2009, 4:45 pm

How do you sleep with conditioner in to stop it from seeping everywhere?
justpeachy
justpeachy

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 24th October 2009, 4:48 pm

I'll be trying Curl Junkie's deep condition for NaturallyCurly.com next week. I'm so excited and will of course post my results Very Happy

I'm still loving Jessicurl WDT, and Aubrey HSR.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th October 2009, 10:34 am

I haven't gotten the full effects of Aubrey HSR - I have it and I've been using it but it hasn't wowed me yet. I'm thinking maybe once I'm fully natural it may get better, idk. Anyway I do notice a difference when I use Yes to Carrots, my hair feels very soft and moisturized.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 10:52 am

Some people just don't like HSR. Try the White Camelia...it's lighter and actually provides slippage Smile I no longer use HSR alone, it's a big rough texture wise--I always mix it with Jessicurl Weekly Deep treatment.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegirl314 25th October 2009, 6:03 pm

Right now I'm loving Queen Helene Cholesterol as my DC. I always mix it with EVOO and sometimes a little honey. It works wonderfully for me!
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 25th October 2009, 6:35 pm

justpeachy wrote:How do you sleep with conditioner in to stop it from seeping everywhere?

you can put a plastic cap on your hair and then wrap your regular scarf or whatever around that and not only does it keep the conditioner from going everywhere but it also traps the body heat to get an even deeper conditioning... or at least I think/hope so. thats what i do lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegirl314 25th October 2009, 6:46 pm

d.denise wrote:
justpeachy wrote:How do you sleep with conditioner in to stop it from seeping everywhere?

you can put a plastic cap on your hair and then wrap your regular scarf or whatever around that and not only does it keep the conditioner from going everywhere but it also traps the body heat to get an even deeper conditioning... or at least I think/hope so. thats what i do lol.

I do the same thing! Works like a charm.
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 25th October 2009, 8:38 pm

veggiegirl314 wrote:
d.denise wrote:

I do the same thing! Works like a charm.

That sounds simple enough. Thanks ladies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
justpeachy
justpeachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifully Human 25th October 2009, 9:15 pm

I really like AO HSR mixed with AO WC. Fantastic combo! My hair feels super moisturized and soft after using these two together.

I also like Pantene's hair mask. Not the greatest ingredients but it's cheap, I can find it at wal-mart or my local pharmacy and the results are really soft moisturized hair.

KBB's hair mask is also superb but it's expensive so I don't use it frequently.

I don't use heat I actually buy those metallized conditioning caps that look like tin foil. You can get them at any black beauty supply store. It uses the natural heat from your body to give a great DT. And they're cheap!
Beautifully Human
Beautifully Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 25th October 2009, 10:30 pm

Serenity23 wrote:I use Elasta QP with some olive oil. I don't always use a hooded dryer. Sometimes I sleep wiht a plastic cap on overnight. I don't really notice a difference in doing that vs. when I sit under the hooded dryer.

I also use the Elast QP-DPR 11 with olive oil. If Im feeling extra inspired, I whip in an avocado or some other fancy ingredient from the kitchen. I hate sitting under the dryer so I usually leave it in for atleast an hour with a plastice cap on.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 25th October 2009, 10:55 pm

Since I am a product junkie and recently BC'd (8.8.09), I'm still experiementing with DCs. I just finished a jar of DC by Darcy's botanicals, but won't repurchase because it was just OK and way expensive for only 4 treatments (I DC every Friday night underneath my hair steamer). I think I'm going to stick with what I cowash with, which is EO Conditioners and Giovanni 50-50, with added oils and with steam.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lita 26th October 2009, 7:13 pm

Yes To Carrots Mask/add a little EVOO (great slip,moisture/hair will have body)

Yes To Cucumbers Conditioner/add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.(great slip & very moisturize hair)

Christine Gant-Babassu Butter Love Dc (If your hair is very dry) works wonders..

My Honey Child-Molasses Dc (for dry,damange or breaking hair) works wonders...

Happy Hair Growing! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lita
Lita

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 28th October 2009, 3:13 pm

Go the mixtress route -- KBB has a hair mask, and Anita Grant has a Rhassoul Deep Condish block. Oyin's Honey Hemp conditioner is great, too. Aubrey's White Camelia and natural protein conditioners have yielded some great results for me.
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Afrosaxon 28th October 2009, 8:41 pm

http://www.macadamiahair.com/products.html I use the deep repair along with the oil treatment on top,(note the oil treatment has cones and I shampoo) but the deep treat has only amodemethicone, beware though but I dont know why but the actual leave in treatment has mineral oil in it? what gives? couldnt they have thrown in babassu oil instead? sheesh!
Afrosaxon
Afrosaxon

Back to top Go down

Post by svrbrownsuga 31st October 2009, 11:27 pm

I use either Aubrey Organic hsr or island naturals or carols daughter black vanilla intense deep treatment. I always add an oil (evoo, castor or hot six oil) to the creamy conditioners.
svrbrownsuga
svrbrownsuga

http://www.fotki.com/svrbrownsuga

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st November 2009, 12:12 am

so much wonderful information!! Thank you ladies!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyDoesIt... 4th November 2009, 3:25 pm

I often times use Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask...costs b/w $7-8 bucks depending on your location. Works great for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I live in Ohio where winters can be brutal!!!
CurlyDoesIt...
CurlyDoesIt...

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 4th November 2009, 3:43 pm

Karen's Body Beautful HAIR MASK is absolutely delish. That deep conditioner is meant for a once a month thing and it provides softness and very great slip as soon as you slide it on. If I run out of that and I'm too broke to afford another big tub, I use AO HSR with heat.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by BluCurlz 4th November 2009, 6:16 pm

Where are you ladies gettin the Elasta QP from? I went to 2 Sallys and they said they never heard of it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .They carry the brand just not DPR-11.
I have a couple more BSSs to check. Finger are crossed cause Ireally want to try but I don't want to have to order it.
BluCurlz
BluCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th November 2009, 6:26 pm

I make a deep condish out of whatever I have handy. I may add olive oil or coconut oil and honey.

I like a lil heat so I warm up a damp towel in the microwave and wrap around my plastic cap then cover that with a dry towel warmed in the microwave. Notice I said WARM do not burn yourself. It is easy to do with a high watt microwave. I leave it wrapped for 15 minutes then reheat and repeat. This way I don't have to sleep with anything on my head.

HTH
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next