CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to train your stylist

2 posters

Go down

How to train your stylist Empty How to train your stylist

Post by bluejay47 6th January 2011, 5:48 pm

I just went to a salon with a stylist that specializes in natural hair. She did a great job styling. But she ripped through my hair with a brush and comb to detangle. How do you guys politely ask someone to detangle from the ENDS not the roots, and while hair is DAMP not dry???? I've been through several stylists and shampoo girls-- it's like nobody learned this in beauty school. Anybody found a way to nicely say this without the stylist getting offended or denying that she's doing any damage to your hair? I'm tired of shopping around for somebody that really knows how to handle natural hair.

bluejay47

Back to top Go down

How to train your stylist Empty Re: How to train your stylist

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 6th January 2011, 7:04 pm

You HAVE to put your foot down. It's your hair and you are paying for the service. Why shouldn't you get things exactly the way you want it? Ask her nicely and explain your reasons, if she still refuses then it's time to go. This is only my opinion. HTH
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay47 6th January 2011, 7:08 pm

Thanks Mandi -- I know what you mean. You're right, I am paying for the service. But it's like, by the time I get up the nerve to say something, I'm already fuming and wondering does she comb her own hair this way? And then it's deny deny deny -- oh no, look at the brush, there's no hair in there, I'm not breaking your hair, you're hearing the little balls in the end of the brush, are you tender-headed .... Then I have a tendency to eyeroll and sigh and get really annoyed at the ignorance, I don't want to be rude. Maybe I will just mention it to the owner before I make my next appointment?

bluejay47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down