CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop Breakage

3 posters

Go down

Stop Breakage Empty Stop Breakage

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 1st January 2011, 6:55 pm

Hey guys! I did a protein treatment on my hair using The Aphogee 2 Step treatment. I know you are supposed to dc aterwards and I did but I am afraid what I used isn't going to be effective enough to keep my hair from breaking. I used the Shea Moisture DT Masque with EVOO and Coconut oil and I just didn't feel like it did anything for my hair. I applied the Aphogee Leave in Condish spray, some Cantu Leave In, and the Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist. I do also plan to baggy a few times this week but I am scared to death my hair is gonna just break off. Any suggestions on something else I can do to make sure I prevent any breakage??
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Stop Breakage Empty Re: Stop Breakage

Post by Ms.Fenty 1st January 2011, 11:05 pm

Well, I'm going through something similar, and my hair is experiencing a bit more breakage than it was before I did the treatment. My hair feels stronger, but it seems to snap more easily when I try to style it. So I don't know if I can tell you how to prevent it, but I can tell you what I'm doing now to stop it. It's only been a week so I won't know for a while if my remedy is working, but it makes sense to me that if my hair has too much protein then I should get as much moisture into it as possible.

Anyway, I have been DCing my hair every few days, and keeping my hair in a bun in order to keep from manipulating it. During the week I just use a regular store bought DC w/nothing added, and then on the weekend I DC with two different conditioners, coconut milk, olive oil, coconut oil and honey (with heat). I tried to use a regular moisturizer on a daily basis but that didn't work for me, but maybe you can try that as well. Hope that helps, and makes sense too Smile
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 2nd January 2011, 10:52 pm

Do you baggy at all? I re-washed my hair and did a dc with an olive oil replenishing pak with a lil extra EVOO and some coconut oil. What store bought dc are you using? I have not been able to find anything I like... I'm using water, coconut oil, and Aphogee Leave in as my daily moistirizer right now.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by sheabutterlover 3rd January 2011, 9:38 pm

Try deep conditioning afterwards with Giovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner followed by Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I leave the Giovanni on (with a bag) for anywhere from 30 min to an hour. Then, I rinse it out and put on Hello Hydration for about 5 min so it penetrates enough for me to detangle. I started using the 2 minute reconstructor recently, and I'm also trying to find the right balance. You should be able to find both of these easily at Walmart or Target. HTH!

sheabutterlover

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 3rd January 2011, 11:38 pm

I agree with everything sheabutterlover said. I don't baggy personally, but many women do and they say it works great. And as far as conditioners I've been using Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle.

Also maybe you should check out the ingredients of the Aphogee leave in (if you haven't already) b/c it might have protein in it and that would kind of defeat the purpose.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down