CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you sisters find the time

+3
rayray19
sweetdrk1
naturallydevine
7 posters

Go down

Where do you sisters find the time Empty Where do you sisters find the time

Post by naturallydevine 31st December 2010, 1:28 pm

His curlfriends,

Ladies, ladies, ladies where do you find the time for your hair. I am a mother of three ages 5,2,and1. Along with being a mother I work and go to school and Im a wife. It is impossible for me to spend ample time to pamper CoCo Chanel (btw thats my hair). I have been natural for about 7 months and my hair has grown 3.5 inchs since my BC. I have yet to master a protective style so I wear my hair in a puff or WnG. Im debating if I should do another BC because it is less time consuming, or IDK. Im at a loss! HELP LADIES!!!
naturallydevine
naturallydevine

Back to top Go down

Where do you sisters find the time Empty Re: Where do you sisters find the time

Post by sweetdrk1 31st December 2010, 1:37 pm

Welcome to Curlstreet!

Yes it sounds like you are mighty busy. Are the little ones girls, because we have other members that have children you may want to check with them. Check out the parenting thread, at least there you can see who has little ones. My daughter is 17 so I have no suggestions.

I will say I just did my second BC because I began dreading wash day! it was getting too long for me. Good luck, I am sure you will find a solution! Happy New Year!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 31st December 2010, 2:25 pm

lol yea it is time consuming..im sitting here with the DC on my hair dreading have to wash it out, detangle, band, then dry, theeen twist!! but its all in a days work..

Im a college student..sometimes my hair gets on my nerves (espeically when im at school, and need to be studying not twisting hair) but i love it through the good and bad days
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 31st December 2010, 2:45 pm

Hi naturallydevine,

Wow! You have SEVEN jobs:
Wife
Mother of a 5 year Old (caring for each child is a job)
Mother of a 2 year Old
Mother of a 1 year Old
Your Occupation
School (Attendance & the Homework)
Taking care of yourself

All of that & you are managing to grow your hair at that rate and retain your length. Electronic fist-bump for how you handle your business!
Do you prefer Coco Chanel shorter? If, so, then cut it. If not, maybe there are some things you can do to help your hair continue to thrive until you master a protective style. Don't be too hard on yourself while you are making the decision.

HTH

Last edited by FalconTress on 31st December 2010, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st December 2010, 7:56 pm

Funny I ask that question of folks often. I just don't have the time either... Maybe if I stayed home all day, but I don't. But I try to have one day and 2 hours a week. Maybe you can arrange for the same and just get it done... choosing a style that will last a week. It might mean having a sitter, daddy, grandparents, sister, someone come over for the 2 hours... once a week. And take the time with your hair. Hang in there. You can do it!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 7th January 2011, 12:48 am

I just use the Kinky Curly Curling Custard, because it's easy, quick, and it looks good. I play around with twists that take hours, and it looks a hot mess. So, I am just sticking with work works for me now.
ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sthrngal92 7th January 2011, 4:17 am

my staple style was a puff for at least 2-2 and 1/2 years! as long as you keep it moisturized you will be fine retaining length as long as you don't over manipulate. since i wasn't putting a lot of product in my hair i washed maybe every 2-3 weeks back then. in the summertime i did wash n go's, which were really easy with my curl pattern and the climate i live in (super humid). overall i say do what works best for you! i do most of my hair maintenance at night around 10 or 11 pm and i have learned the art of correct product amount for fast drying lol. with 3 small children, i know you are the master of multi-tasking, you can do it!
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

https://facebook.com/Neva.Skinner.Trice ; twitter.com/Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down