CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

strengthening purposes

2 posters

Go down

strengthening purposes Empty strengthening purposes

Post by jadore04 27th December 2010, 6:24 pm

HI!!
I dont mind the effects of the color that Henna will bring at all but what im most concerned about is the strengthening benefits. What is a good mix to use? Should I leave it on overnight?? My hair is the ideal length in the photo I have; how much Henna should be used?
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

strengthening purposes Empty Re: strengthening purposes

Post by CarlaAR 28th December 2010, 5:21 am

I usually mix mine with either green or hibiscus tea (purchased in bulk). I tend to add about a tbsp of honey and some 'cone free conditioner right before I apply.

I leave mine in overnight for the sake of time.

Generally four hours works for me, but I usually don't have time to mix the henna, wait for the dye release, shampoo my hair, apply the henna, wrap my hair in a cap, leave it on for 4 hours, rinse which usually takes 30 minutes, deep condition for 1-2 hours, set or style my hair. Leaving it in overnight just works for me because I'm sleeping during the processing.

My hair is APL in the front and almost BSL in the back and I use 100g of henna (that's with the tea, honey and conditioner mixed in). Since your hair is short, you may only need 1/4 of of a typical 100g box or package of henna. Maybe 25g?
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down