CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Good Hair"

5 posters

Go down

"Good Hair" Empty "Good Hair"

Post by StacyB 2nd December 2009, 11:50 pm

I know yall ladies are watching the episode of Oprah with Chris Rock talking about hair!!! Yall this is insane how much money women spend on their head!!!! I haven't seen "Good Hair" unfortunately it's not playing in my area but the scenes I saw in the Oprah show was crazy. Why do women fly from Colorado from New York to get their hair done? Why are Indian women thinking their hair is going to goddesses when it's only going to average women in America? Wassup with that?
What are your comments and concerns.
I say to each her own but I prefer my naps/curls lol
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"Good Hair" Empty Re: "Good Hair"

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd December 2009, 3:22 pm

I'm with you 100%! Gimme my naps and curls.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 3rd December 2009, 4:00 pm

I didn't care for the movie-- the only portion that was interesting was when he was in India. The women there don't know where their hair is going or that it is sold for so much.

The rest had alot of silly stuff involved--a black man saying he prefers white women because they don't have hang ups on their hair, people like the colorado to nyc lady just to get her hair done, impyling black women use men to pay for their ridiculous hair expenditures, or that black women pay for their hair instead of paying rent. The other main part of the film was about the Bronner Bros hair show--which wasn't all that informative other than there were only a few vendors that were black owned, all the others were Asian. The rest of the BB show parts were just over the top ridiculousness that could have been left out.

The 2 natural chicks who were "celeb" commenters in the movie were goofy, and didn't make mention of their natural hair at all or why they were natural---natural hair wasn't even discussed really. The history of black hair, or research of why we relaxed was not presented.

There was no real conclusion in the film, or final point of why the film was made if the first place. I think it could have been presented in a better way--other than a joke.

And Oprah letting Chris call her school picture with her nappy hair, a slave picture..... ridic.

Catch it on DVD, or not at all lol Wink
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 3rd December 2009, 5:40 pm

I didnt go see that movie for the reasons Jonezy stated above , I have heard similar comments from other people soI thought the movie would be a waste of my time. I didnt see the oprah episode.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 3rd December 2009, 10:20 pm

Jonezy based off of what you said I will wait until it comes out on DVD. I live in Rock Hill, SC (outside of Charlotte, NC) and it did not even show in this area. I guess I thought it was more of a documentary from how people were talking about it but it seemed like a joke. Maybe somebody should do a REAL documentary on black women and their hair. Because if its a joke, everything is going to go right over people's head (apparently "Good Hair" went over people's head). Like I said I didn't see the movie but what was up with the "natural chicks" you mentioned?
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade013 7th March 2010, 8:38 pm

I saw the movie about 2 weeks ago and although there was no mention of "natural hair" I found it to be educational. The relaxer on the chicken (alone) really helped to open my eyes. I tell you one thing... if I hadn't gone natural in November, I would have after I saw that movie! And I didn't know that inhaling relaxer could damage your lungs.
Jade013
Jade013

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down