CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New transitioner!

2 posters

Go down

New transitioner! Empty New transitioner!

Post by Gin 816 26th December 2010, 11:56 am

Let me start by saying, all my hair in the back has broken off! Of course, I'm hella nervous, but you know I have to live with it, the HAIR is already gone. I am not bald back there, and there is growth! But I am nervous! I have had processed hair for 25 years! My parents claimed I had to get a jheri curl when I was 5 because my hair didn't grow??? idk.**little bit of a back story

I've decided to transition, not BC. Right now, I am wearing kinky twists. I'm not nervous about cutting my hair off, I just do not like the COLD! Brrrrrr... lol. I cannot have a cold head, hats aren't enough. Okay, I'm moisturizing my hair daily (the broken part) with water and conditioner, and then a mix of shea butter and coconut oil. I spray oil sheen on my braids to keep them moisturized. After that I don't know what to do??? I'm trying to read all the posts about transitioning, healthy hair, and maintaining growth....I'm overwhelmed. I don't know what to do with my hair! If you can please help!!!!!!!

Gin 816

Back to top Go down

New transitioner! Empty Re: New transitioner!

Post by FalconTress 26th December 2010, 12:06 pm

all my hair in the back has broken off!
Is your breakage just at the nape of your neck or does it extend higher up?

I'm moisturizing my hair daily (the broken part) with water and conditioner, and then a mix of shea butter and coconut oil. I spray oil sheen on my braids to keep them moisturized.

What products are you putting on your hair?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Gin 816 26th December 2010, 12:14 pm

For the 1st time, its extending up higher. I am using Yes to Carrots pampering conditioner, organic coconut oil, and organic shea butter.

Gin 816

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 26th December 2010, 1:08 pm

Gin 816 wrote:For the 1st time, its extending up higher. I am using Yes to Carrots pampering conditioner, organic coconut oil, and organic shea butter.

I have not used YTC but I think it has good ingredients. I know there are various opinions on this but I would not leave anything in my hair that the manufacturer specifically instructs me to rinse thouroughly. Perhaps until you resolve your breakage you should find a product that is formulated for leave-in use (he Yest to Cucumber Leave-In is about $4 at Ross).
The usual remedy for breakage is protein followed up a with moisturizing conditioner. Keep in mind that there are various types of protein (collagen, wheat, keratin, soy, etc.). You may already have experience with a product that is compatable with your hair.
Before I switched to Aubrey Organics, I used TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner for protein and moisture.

http://www.amazon.com/Catwalk-Oatmeal-Treatment-Conditioner-25-36-Ounces/dp/B000FZVSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1293379493&sr=1-1

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo/801.aspx

HTH

PS- Which spray are you using on your braids?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down