CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Day Hair?!?!!

+2
Ambitious_Tiff
bambi
6 posters

Go down

2nd Day Hair?!?!! Empty 2nd Day Hair?!?!!

Post by bambi 26th December 2010, 12:12 am

Ok sooo...I'm new to the twist out game. I've only done about 4 of them but I can't seem to preserve the life of the twist out for the next day. It either shrinks a little, loses definition, or the ends get frizzy. Rolling Eyes I suppose I could try "pineappling" but I don't see how that will prevent my ends from frizzing...Help? Suggestions? Gracias! Very Happy
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

2nd Day Hair?!?!! Empty Re: 2nd Day Hair?!?!!

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 26th December 2010, 3:24 am

You may wanna try retwisting them bigger and adding something for hold to your ends when you initially do them. Jam works like a charm for me. HTH!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 26th December 2010, 2:00 pm

When I wear twist-outs, sometimes I have to retwist at a certain point depending on how long I go between washings (usually not more than 4-5 days) and seal the ends . Retwisting and sealing the ends (I either us a butter or oil blend, Darcy's Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream, which is very rich and thick) is what helps keep my hair in check sometimes. At other times I pineapple.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 26th December 2010, 2:38 pm

Yeah, make sure you moisturize all the hair and seal the ends real good.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th December 2010, 11:31 pm

I struggled with getting second day hair and found that it was the products I was using rather than my maintainance, because I was sealing initially and retwisting at night. Still I was having a frizzy, puffy mess the next day. What are you twisting with? Are you twisting wet or dry?
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 12:51 am

I twist (when I had hair) on dry hair and used a good butter, normally Koils by Nature. The last twist out before I cut it I used Darcy's Botanical deep conditoner and then a curling gel. But I feel the product you use is the key. Also I did the multiple pineapple technique and it works like a charm!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi 27th December 2010, 3:57 am

Thanks yall! For my first 2 twist outs I just used a shea butter/glycerin/jojoba oil/sweet almond oil/coconut oil concoction I created, but by the end of the day I would have frizzy, dry, undefined hair...no bueno. After searching for answers on CurlyNikki I found that I needed a water based moisturizer underneath the oil mix. So I used Cantu shea butter leave in the 3rd try w/ the shea butter mix to seal...it was ok. This time I tried Aussie Moist and cheers SCORE! When I woke up this morning my hair was still defined and looking almost as good as yesterday. I wanted to avoid retwisting but I may have to in areas where I have less defined curls...OH and I twisted on dry hair!
bambi
bambi

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th December 2010, 8:14 pm

Yes, I have to retwist a section in my crown at least every third night or it's going to be a mess. Glad it worked out for you.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down