CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it?

2 posters

Go down

Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it? Empty Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it?

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 23rd December 2010, 6:30 pm

Hello Ladies,

If you've ever experienced mid-strand splits - and conquered them - can you please offer your suggestions?

I have fine, 4b/c tightly coiled curl type. My hair is approximately 5 inches long.

It's a NIGHTMARE to detangle, and I only comb it with conditioner in it. I've used YTC, TJ, HEHH, but I've noticed more snarling as it grows longer. Sad

I wear overnight twist outs and wash/co-wash once or twice weekly.

I have recently begun using Carol's Daughter products, but they haven't reduced the tangling and breaking.

I know many hate CD products, but since the splits began weeks before, CD wasn't the culprit.

I welcome your suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it? Empty Re: Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it?

Post by Curlock Holmes 23rd December 2010, 10:29 pm

usually when I get them it's due to manual manipulation. When I tried using the Denman brush I got a TON of them, as well as regular split ends. Try using a seamless wide tooth comb when you detangle your hair. If you still get them, you may want to try strictly finger combing.. yes, it will probably take you more time but it's the gentlest way to detangle.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it? Empty Re: Have you experienced "mid strand" splits? How do you stop/prevent it?

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 26th December 2010, 6:49 pm

Thank you Curlock Holmes!

I had recently put my "modified denman" back into rotation - so back into the drawer it goes.

Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down