CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying Henna

+8
ajsimmons8
queenshakirah
belleaenca
newlycurlygirly
Sthrngal92
Sanele Curlicue Vox
Madeaj
JasLuv
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buying Henna - Page 2 Empty Re: Buying Henna

Post by MelMelBee 11th January 2011, 3:33 am

ajsimmons8 wrote:Great suggestion envizionj - thank you. I'll try that tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight to try anything but getting a good night's sleep. I was so excited to apply the henna today, that all last night I kept dreaming of doing the henna. Sleep

What happened with your edges? Did you do the indigo treatment? Just wondering Smile
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 11th January 2011, 12:50 pm

Hi Mel, over the course of about three days, my edges toned downed quite a bit, they are now a reddish color which is ok, it's a lot better than the bright orange right after the treatment. I think I panicked too much since that was my first henna treatment and didn't know what to expect. I'm going to do another treatment in a couple of weeks after I do some strand tests to see if I can get the brown/red color that I'm going after..... fingers crossed.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 11th January 2011, 9:15 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:Hi Mel, over the course of about three days, my edges toned downed quite a bit, they are now a reddish color which is ok, it's a lot better than the bright orange right after the treatment. I think I panicked too much since that was my first henna treatment and didn't know what to expect. I'm going to do another treatment in a couple of weeks after I do some strand tests to see if I can get the brown/red color that I'm going after..... fingers crossed.

Good! I thought about it and was like let me check and make sure you don't look like you are wearing a halo Smile

Check out butters-n-bars.com. There are things you can add to your henna mix to change the color. Some suggest that cocoa powder and cinnamon can make a brownish mix and adding hibiscus flower powder can make the mix redder. After continued hennaing, my "henna glow" changed from the orangy color to like a cherry red glow...I love it. Good luck!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2