CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Oil

+10
breetalton
sulutomy
judithmcnaughts
joneeron
Choctaw
stevesmillers
Madeaj
macmaan
rinkbh
tljenkins
14 posters

Go down

Henna Oil Empty Henna Oil

Post by tljenkins 19th December 2010, 3:37 am

So I've been doing henna treatments for over 2 months now and I LOVE them. However, I was told that there was also henna oils that you could use. Is this true? If so, where do you buy it and is there a certain brand that has worked well. Thanks so much!!!
tljenkins
tljenkins

Back to top Go down

Henna Oil Empty Re: Henna Oil

Post by rinkbh 24th December 2010, 3:42 am

This is really nice post which can you shear about it. The Henna oil is fantastic and effective hair oil. Also I doing henna treatment for every 1 months. I love them. It is really effective for your damaged hair. It is excellent oil.

rinkbh

Back to top Go down

Post by macmaan 1st January 2011, 3:37 am

Henna oil is very effective oil for hair. I Also have use this oil for my daily life. It making my heir is so smooth and provide vitamins for my hair. I have doing henna treatment for over 1 month.

macmaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 1st January 2011, 1:41 pm

Note: rinkbh and macmaan are forum bots not real people.

Henna Oil is not for hair. Its for use with henna application on skin. The term is terping the henna to make it smooth, stay moist and produce a darker stain on the skin.

Oil in Henna
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by stevesmillers 3rd January 2011, 11:43 am

However, if money is not an issue, when to take care of your hair, then we strongly recommend henna oil Shirley.

stevesmillers

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 4th January 2011, 11:17 pm

Madeaj wrote:Note: rinkbh and macmaan are forum bots not real people.

Henna Oil is not for hair. Its for use with henna application on skin. The term is terping the henna to make it smooth, stay moist and produce a darker stain on the skin.

Oil in Henna

I make my own henna oil infusions and use them to oil my scalp, oil rinses or to seal hair. There are a lot of ayurvedic oils with henna as an ingredient (Dabur vatika). Henna oil infusions do not color your hair but I like the smell. I include amla, brahmi and maka in my infusions and vary the oils. It is a quick ayurvedic fix when you don't have time to do a full paste of henna or amla, etc. dance

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 5th January 2011, 1:13 am

How do you make it? Is it like making an olive oil infusion? I put fresh well dried herbs in warm olive and use the flavored oil in cooking. Is the same process? Do you put the henna in cheesecloth? This is interesting, I had thought that a henna infused oil would be beneficial but I couldn't find a recipe for it. All I found was the henna oils with no henna or the terping oils for skin henna. I could have missed them I know I got discouraged after finding no henna in Henna oils. Smile

What oil do you use or can you use any oil? Hmmmm, I am thinking of infusions with borage, evening primrose, hemp.....The list goes on. The herbs you mention are good for other skin uses too. The combinations..!

Share, Choctaw, share! This exciting! woot!
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 5th January 2011, 5:20 am

Madeaj
Yes, it is an oil infusion and use any oil you prefer. I made several variations:
(1) 1 tablespoon Jamilla henna in muslin bag in 1/2 cup coconut oil. Placed in pint size mason jar and heated in pot of water.
(2) Also made an ayurvedic herb infusion: henna, alma, maka, brahmi, ground fenugreek seed, ground hibiscus flowers in muslin bag with HomeHealth castor oil poured to top; heated in water bath 4 hours and have used as oil rinse. NICE!
(3) I combined the henna coconut/ayurvedic castor oil infusions and use in oil rinses and to seal hair
(4) I recently mixed 1 box of Jamilla henna, 3 tablespoons amla powder, 2 tablespoons brahmi, 2 tablespoons maka powder and poured into jar. I added about 1/2 liter Deep mustard oil, 1 cup gingelly oil (light sesame) and topped it off with castor oil. Sealed jar and put in water bath below boiling for 7 hours. It is sitting in cabinet and I will strain it around mid-February.
(5) Fill pint size jar with dried hibiscus flowers and cover dried herbs with coconut, sesame and almond oils. Warm in heat bath below boiling for 4 hours. Store and strain after 30 days.

Walmart has a variety of mason jar sizes at good price or try your honey, jam jars from supermarket purchases. I do not boil because some herbs are destroyed at high heat (hibiscus, henna).

I bought cheesecloth for future recipes because I can't find any large muslin bags at the local stores. I strain with plastic funnels covered with knee highs. I found the plastic funnels in cookware section at supermarket.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by joneeron 7th January 2011, 2:02 am

There are other oils, henna artists are henna, does not necessarily help the stain darker. They only added for flavor. Carnation and sweet orange are some of these oils.

joneeron

Back to top Go down

Post by judithmcnaughts 21st January 2011, 10:24 am

This is a very good job, and you can cut it. The henna oil is fantastic and effective hair oil. In addition, I do henna for 1 month each. I love them. It is really effective for your damaged hair. This is an excellent oil. I also have my daily life using this oil. It makes my successor is so smooth, and my hair vitamins.

judithmcnaughts

Back to top Go down

Post by sulutomy 22nd January 2011, 1:03 am

I am using it for two or three times in week. It is very much effective oil for hair and also best skin. Heena makes smooth hair. It is available in black and brown colour.

sulutomy

Back to top Go down

Post by breetalton 4th February 2011, 11:45 am

Henna, but the most commonly used as a dye, hair care, hair loss treatment at a plant that can be combined with mustard oil. Henna is scientifically shown to have a good relationship with other proteins, so when you add a nice brown for certain types of red hair, is effective to stimulate the growth of healthy hair.

breetalton

Back to top Go down

Post by michaldouglas 2nd March 2011, 5:43 pm

Amla Amla oil prepared our Henna. Amla oil, long hair, has a history that is used to improve the health of the scalp and hair. It is one of the world's oldest natural hair conditioner. This can easily be absorbed in the production of oil in the hair, light and sticky.

michaldouglas

Back to top Go down

Post by marrystary 4th March 2011, 11:55 pm

Henna oil is good for hair growth. he henna oil is fantastic and effective hair oil. In addition, I do henna for 1 month each. I love them. I have always use of henna oil for my hair. It is really very effective oil for hair.

marrystary

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthomson 11th March 2011, 3:56 pm

Henna oil, Aromatherapy and soothing properties, very useful for medical. Is used to relax the mind, body and soul. The body cool and helps his Detox.

jackthomson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 12:41 pm

I wish the bots would at least spell correctly!

GREAT info Choctaw by the way!
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down