CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question

3 posters

Go down

To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question Empty To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question

Post by FAMUdani 28th October 2009, 10:09 am

ok so i talked to a lady my mom recommended about sisterlocks. i gave her a call and of course she suggested that i get it because its the best thing she ever did with her hair. i want more opinions on this-so guys tell me what ya think about them, if u have them, the upkeep, pros and cons and etc..

FAMUdani

Back to top Go down

To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question Empty Re: To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question

Post by Lena_Jolie 28th October 2009, 10:54 pm

Hi! I see your from tha D too lol. Well, I've been looking into getting sisterlocks myself but I'm not sure when I want to take the plunge. If it's something you really want to do and you've done your research....thoroughly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .......I say go for it!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was considering locks as my 25th b-day milestone marker (why not 30?....I dunno lol) but the more I started researching them again and seeing the possibilities, I thought about speeding it up to this December. But...I don't have that type of cash for sisterlocks now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So I must wait.....

The Number One Pro I know of is Versatility---you can style them like you would your free natural hair or pressed/relaxed hair (minus the pressing and flat-ironing etc of course lol); many ladies seem to achieve great lengths with taking care of their locks, unless they choose to keep them cut short; the pros are endless but you would probably get that advice better from someone who actually has them lol

The only Cons that I've heard about: thinning-some women experience this depending on their lock size (super small usually does it) and some other factors; retightening-just as tedious as getting them installed but it doesnt take as long (still lengthy though--4+hours as opposed to 13-24hrs), some ladies dislike retightening their own hair and some love it but either way it saves you from spending tons more money on getting them tightened; initial price-sisterlocks are an investment for real, thats why I'm waiting 'til I can really afford it; we're talking shelling out $500+ depending on who/where you go to and the length of your hair at installation....unless you have a good friend who does them who won't charge you those prices

Good luck on your journey [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question Empty Re: To Sisterlock or Not-that is the question

Post by TerraD 6th November 2009, 3:34 am

I was born and raised in Detroit Woot-Woot! I second Lena-Jolie, the main complaints I've heard were thinning and price! But they are cute.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down