CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Henna on two different hair types?

3 posters

Go down

Using Henna on two different hair types? Empty Using Henna on two different hair types?

Post by naturally.yours 12th December 2010, 12:36 am

Hello, ladies:

I've been lurking in this section for quite some time now. I'm interested in using Henna (more for the strengthening benefits than color). I've read some testimonials of Henna loosing one's curl pattern, and although I am not strongly opposed to it, I'm not sure if it would be best for my hair due to its different textures.

Below are pictures of my hair taken Friday. I don't have any product in my hair and my hair has been towel dried.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(These two photos are of the left side of my head).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(This is a photo of my right side)

I am currently working (or *attempting*) to get a more defined and unified curl pattern. (I know that's not always possible, though). Given this information, would you suggest I move forward with the Henna or leave it alone? I know that I may not even seen a loosened curl pattern after using Henna, but I'm hesitant because I don't want my left side to become straighter than it already is.

Thanks in advance!
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Using Henna on two different hair types? Empty Re: Using Henna on two different hair types?

Post by naturally.yours 12th December 2010, 5:27 pm

Bumping.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Using Henna on two different hair types? Empty Henna

Post by Madeaj 12th December 2010, 7:00 pm

You could try Amla or Cassia treatments. I have heard some people use amla to restore their curls from flat ironing and henna. Cassia does not impart any color and it has similar benefits to henna.

Links
Cassia
Amla

Last edited by Madeaj on 12th December 2010, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add links)
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Using Henna on two different hair types? Empty Re: Using Henna on two different hair types?

Post by naturally.yours 12th December 2010, 11:05 pm

Thank you! I'll look into them.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 14th December 2010, 11:53 pm

I was unable to find testimonials about either product on the sites provided -- It could be that I don't know how to properly navigate the site -- so I took to YouTube. One user used both Amla and Cassia together. I want to restore my natural curl pattern and have healthier, stronger hair. Would you suggest doing them separately (The Amla followed by the Cassia) or together, sort of like a two-in-one thing?
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by tljenkins 15th December 2010, 2:36 am

Naturally yours, Just my experience with Henna and Alma. I have used them separately. I henna once a month and alma in between. I have seen others (via u-tube) and read other testimonials of people putting them both together and from the testimonials they have all been positive. If I were you, I would research it out some more, however, both henna and alma are great for the hair. Hope this helps!
tljenkins
tljenkins

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 17th December 2010, 8:25 pm

Thanks!

I've decided to do thorough research before purchasing anything. Thanks for your input!
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down