CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hair stopped progressing

3 posters

Go down

My hair stopped progressing Empty My hair stopped progressing

Post by NaturalMahogany 3rd December 2010, 1:41 am

Ladies,

I have been transitioning since September and I noticed how healthy my hair was. It was growing much faster than I expected. Well for the last month, I noticed that my hair has stopped progressing. Can experimenting with different products be harmful with your hair? I have developed a pretty good regimen, but I think I might be over-processing my hair. Any suggestions?

NaturalMahogany

http://naturalmahogany.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

My hair stopped progressing Empty Re: My hair stopped progressing

Post by LittleOne 3rd December 2010, 3:36 am

Don't be discouraged Natural Mahogany!

"Over-processing" usually refers to harsher treatments....relaxers, color, and/or heat.

I think that a good regimen generally should not be changed. If you like the way your hair is progressing, it's probably because of a combination of products and technique. If you change products, you are probably going to experience changes in the way your hair feels and behaves.

I also think that the idea that your hair "get's used to" certain products is a little misguided. My advice is to go back to (exactly) what you were doing before. Assess your hair for 2 weeks and see if it's "back to normal". HTH
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd December 2010, 1:59 pm

well..idk about ur hair b/c everybody's hair is different, BUT i noticed at one point whenever i was constantly doing something to my hair, it acted asthough it didn't want to do anything...like i was putting product after product in it and it was acting asthough it was confused or didn't know what to do next....my hair has been growing very slow this 2nd time around (this is my 2nd time big chopping) before my hair grew faster but when i first big choppd i was sort of experimenting and i ended up flat ironing my new growth lol~

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 3rd December 2010, 3:41 pm

Relax,
Sometimes growth can be inconsitent. Even when you maintain the same regimen and don't switch products. Also some people experience changes in their growth rate when the seasons change.

I have developed a pretty good regimen, but I think I might be over-processing my hair. Any suggestions?.
Tell me exactly what you are doing to your hair, how often & what products you are using and I will try to offer some constructive suggestions.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down