CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick relaxer removal

+3
FalconTress
naturallyme09
tazochaichick
7 posters

Go down

Quick relaxer removal Empty Quick relaxer removal

Post by tazochaichick 2nd December 2010, 1:49 am

Hello Ladies,
Today, I was told that if I want to get my relaxer to grow out faster, I should buy the shampoo bar to wash my hair. How true is this? I am 8 months into transitioning and I am not confident enough to BC... confused

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Quick relaxer removal Empty Re: Quick relaxer removal

Post by naturallyme09 2nd December 2010, 3:23 am

Hair grows about a 1/2 inch per month. The key is ensuring that your hair is moisturized to retain length. I am transitioning as well and I have been transitioning for 14 months. I still have a looong way to go because I am not ready to BC. Please try to be patient and focus on maintaining healthy hair. The wait is so worth it. Happy transitioning!!!
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 2nd December 2010, 2:53 pm

Today, I was told that if I want to get my relaxer to grow out faster, I should buy the shampoo bar to wash my hair. How true is this?

A shampoo bar is not going to make your hair grow faster.

As naturally me said, you need to focus on the things(moisturizing is one) that will help you retain length. I would add that you need protect & strengthen your new growth and the relaxed ends until you are ready to cut them. The shampoo bar may help you with this but don't expect it to "fertilize" your scalp and make your hair grow.
BC timing is personal. Do it only when you are ready.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 2nd December 2010, 6:37 pm

I would like to add to the great advice given above, that relaxers are called permanent for a reason. There is no quick fix.

Last edited by Naturally Esq on 2nd December 2010, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by tazochaichick 2nd December 2010, 9:53 pm

Thanks, ladies. I will remain patient and work on keeping my hair protected. I am noticing some breaking in the front. I wear headbands a lot.

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 2nd December 2010, 10:16 pm

I wear headbands a lot.
I am not going to tell you to stop, I just suggest that you keep your hairline & the bands moisturized. The headband should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off. Also adjust the position so the band is not hitting the same points all the time.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 2nd December 2010, 10:58 pm

Regarding the headbands, I find that if I cornbraid/flat twist/curl the front of my hair very close to my hairline (no tight though) I don't need a headband all the time because the definition comes out really well and I don't want to cover it with a headband. Do you use adjustable ones? I'm not sure if you know but Goody has adjustable headbands (other types tend to give me a headache). HTH
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 2nd December 2010, 10:58 pm

Hello

I wear headbands a lot
Like FalconTress, I am not going to tell you to stop wearing headbands but it might help to ease up and switch styles.
I transitioned for a long time and someone suggested to me to wear headbands to hide the line of transition. I declined because that is where the most fragile hair is and anything that rubs or is too tight is going to make your hair break. There were little bits of hair everywhere when I first started transitioning. Shocked

You might try braid outs or twist outs to blend the two textures and take some of the stress off your new growth. I did that and then put my hair up in a loose bun or updo for protection.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by tazochaichick 4th December 2010, 2:13 am

@ Ms. Fenty, I don't use adjustables. I didn't know they existed. I will look into that.

@ Madeaj....thanks. I think the headbands became a crutch. I was wearing ponytails and the headbands made things look nice.

tazochaichick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 5th December 2010, 9:03 am

You can't wash out a relaxer. That's like unfrying an egg. Once the chemical reaction occurs it's done. You can look through the transitioning forum to find a good regimen to make sure you retain all your growth and get the least breakage.
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down