CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Help!

4 posters

Go down

Henna Help! Empty Henna Help!

Post by TeachEmB 28th November 2010, 12:48 pm

Hey ya'll

So I purchased 100 grams Jamila henna from Amazon...I was so excited to get it in the mail until I opened the box and it was not wrapped in foil but in cellophane. I really wanted to henna so I decided to try it anyway. I mixed it with 1.5 cups of green tea and....it's brown...and after I let it sit overnight IT'S STILL BROWN! Arrggg what is the problem?! Can I still use it even though it's brown?! What did I do wrong?! I'm so disappointed right now! Help a sista out please!
TeachEmB
TeachEmB

Back to top Go down

Henna Help! Empty Re: Henna Help!

Post by Niqui36 28th November 2010, 1:22 pm

Does this henna have a crop date on the bottom of it? From my experience, that would be the one in the foil packet. I have used both the kind with a crop date that I ordered online and the kind from my local Indian store that does not have a crop date and comes in the cellophane package. The biggest difference that I saw was in the color. The one from the Indian store gives a more orangey red color whereas the one with the crop date gave a more darker red color. But they both work well. HTH!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 28th November 2010, 4:35 pm

I use the cellophane package all the time. I use boiling hot water to soak the tea in and after 5 minutes, I pour the hot tea into the mix. I think I am a bit color blind becuase I can never tell when it changes color. I know it does because when I drop some on the tile, it stains! I think your henna is fine!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by TeachEmB 28th November 2010, 9:58 pm

Okay...now it's too late for me to henna bc I have to be at work really early...If I put it in the frig will it last till next weekend?!
TeachEmB
TeachEmB

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 28th November 2010, 10:19 pm

Put it in the freezer. A lot of people keep frozen henna. I have some now in the freezer for my next henna gloss. I put my in a freezer ziplock, smoothed it flat and smooshed the air out of the bag. Then I put the bag in another ziplock bag. I just wanted to make sure the henna didn't leak henna scent or flavor into the freezer.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down