CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winnielours

+18
Lynnieluve
Juices-n-Berries
MahoganyCurls
adiaha
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
TerraD
tiashaunteé
HumanNature
Kea::curls
d.denise
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
truet
LilMsPuddles
Winnielours
22 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Winnielours - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnielours

Post by Winnielours 5th December 2009, 7:40 pm

Felt like crap yesterday...but i'm much better today!!! yay!!!

So my bantu knot out came out ok...I was expecting so much more but my ends were really nasty...even though I shea buttered them. Oh well. And I realize now that I need a hair cut...I was thinking layers to frame my face. My bangs kind of ruin it...they are so short but they curled the best I really liked them.

So here are the pics:

This is when I first took out the bantu knots:

Winnielours - Page 2 Sdc16313

Before the fluffing and separating:
Winnielours - Page 2 Sdc16314

Tried to put it all to the side...do you see the cute little curl on my forehead? lol
Winnielours - Page 2 Sdc16410

By the end of the day i couldnt help but put it all down:
Winnielours - Page 2 Sdc16411

Please disregard the undone eyebrows...if eyebrow hair grew as quickly as the hair on my head I would be rapunzel!

Oh and sorry about the pics...they were right side up when I downloaded them.
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 5th December 2009, 7:53 pm

CUTE CUTE!!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 5th December 2009, 9:45 pm

thanks!!!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th December 2009, 11:44 pm

Your Bantu knot out looks great. Your curls are defined and shiny. Why is it just okay to you?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 6th December 2009, 12:48 am

lol it was just ok in terms of wearing it out...it took till the end of the day to fluff up and then the curls dropped...it really only looked like the pics for about 2hrs...

thanks for the compliment!!!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 6th December 2009, 2:09 am

your hair looks great! i like the way yours came out. like chrslvsbks said: defined and shiny! which is a win in my book lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 6th December 2009, 11:51 pm

thank you!!!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 7th December 2009, 12:38 pm

I finally have the time to do a DT!!! Gonna try Aussie 3minute miracle and the coconut oil and honey concoction!!

We'll see how much i like my current conditioners cuz the detangling that needs to happen today is mind blowing!

Oh and I am making some life changing decisions...we'll see how it goes!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 7th December 2009, 3:52 pm

love the bantu knots! your hair is beautiful Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 7th December 2009, 5:44 pm

Thanks Kea!!!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th December 2009, 4:39 am

good luck with your life changing decisions - pray about them and you'll be fine!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 8th December 2009, 7:26 pm

thanks d.denise!!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 8th December 2009, 7:34 pm

so i did my little DT yesterday...not sure if i like the conditioner that i used this time (some "natural" conditioner that has more unknown ingredients than my suave coconut conditioner). Its not until i put the aussie moist before my twists that i started liking the feeling of my hair.....live and learn

I also went to sleep with 6 curlformers in my hair with two strand twists in the back....MIRACLE!!
i had a bunch of nightmares about my hair looking ugly after the curlformers but they looked phenomenal!!! Getting the rest soon cuz i have a very important wedding to attend that i need to look good for lol

Winnielours - Page 2 Sdc16414

Also the extra shinyness action on my hair may be due to the whipped shea butter concoction i used courteousy of ms. AfrikanLatina!!!

The coconut oil and shea butter together was just wonderful to my hair....of course my hair might like something today and hate it tomorrow...i'll keep y'all updated
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 8th December 2009, 8:28 pm

ITS LOVELY!! Yay! I hope your hair continues to love it. When my hair is a little longer I might have to invest in some curlformers. Very nice sis!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 8th December 2009, 8:31 pm

Thanks!!! me too!!

I am def an advocate of curlformers now lol
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 8th December 2009, 8:47 pm

I really love the look. I can't believe you only used six. Your hair seems very thick. I may have to give curlformers a try. I knew that whipped shea butter concoction per AfrikanLatina was something special. I've been meaning to try it. I want to see the hair from the front. Is it swept to the side??? Just curious.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 9th December 2009, 12:02 am

HumanNature- Thank you! I only used the six in the front to see how it would turn out...i didnt wanna spend all that money if it wasnt worth it lol
I didnt style it today cuz i didnt go out so i just let them hang. I didnt take any pics of it from the front before i put it in bun Sad

and yes the whipped shea butter is just what i needed...i get the thickness and hold from the shea butter and the shine from the coconut oil--> perfect mix for me
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th December 2009, 12:23 am

Your results from the curlformers turned out great. Shine, body and beautiful curls....resisting purchasing shea butter to make the mix AL provided and curlformers. You ladies make it hard. Winnielours - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th December 2009, 12:41 am

Those curls look great!
So will you be going to get more curlformers?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 10th December 2009, 1:37 am

@chrslvsbks thanks!! i know i saw everyone giving it a try and i couldnt help it!!!

@tiashauntee thank you! and yes yes yes....but like i said im super broke so im gonna put them on the christmas list i am going to slip into my father's coat pocket!! i'll do whatever it takes!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 10th December 2009, 1:45 am

So I have decided that as soon as my foot heals im gonna work on my entire body not just the hair. if there is anything i realized its that if i can have the patience to deal with my hair and get such amazing results I can definetly work on the rest of me. Sure I wanna lose some weight but its not really about that I need to start living a healthier lifestyle. My skin doesn't like the junkfood and what not that i put into my body and i know thats why my body is overreacting. You can tell when I've had junkfood cuz i breakout like crazy!

So I will start now with changing how I eat and do exercise that i can handle. And as soon as I can wear the sneakers I will be doing more cardio.

My problem right now is that this is not the first time i've said everything I just wrote but I think this time my goals are much more about the process and less about fitting into my jeans...I want that glow i used to get when my skin reflected my healthy lifestyle.

I am gonna make this work!

Hair news...I love that Im getting better at my twist out. The TnC doest quite work for me cuz the curl pattern on my ends is completely lost when i put the rollers on. And I've noticed that that the ends are much less frizzy and a lot more bouncy when i just seal and figure twist the ends and leave them out.
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 10th December 2009, 5:05 am

East Coast twin! Your bantu knots were the BOMB DIGGITY LOL. Did you two strand twist them first or just twirl them around until they whirled around themselves! And it's true our bodies respond to what we put in them! Go to the dollar store, grab a journal and journal your food intake. You will slowly be able to see the problems in your eating and when they pop up! Then you can make the necessary changes!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 10th December 2009, 11:12 pm

LOL! Thank ya! I two strand twisted them first then twirled.

And yes a journal is the perfect idea...i just need to keep at it. Today I was way more conscious about what i was putting into my mouth.
One of my biggest problems is portion control, i need to tackle that next!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 10th December 2009, 11:17 pm

Today was a good day...beautiful actually if it werent for the very cold weather!

I put some of the hair from my comb (and can I tell you how hard it was to find a wade of hair...it took me almost three weeks of gathering to find about a tablespoon of hair!) into the sample henna mix that that I got from hennaforhair.com.
According to the color results I will start considering henna. Yeah color is a big deal for me. Right now im on the fence: henna or cassia?
And am I ready to deal with fuller hair...I feel like I know my hair and its tendencies...what will it be like when it gets fuller?

Decisions Decisions...
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 11th December 2009, 2:00 am

soooo your curlformers look absolutely splediferously wonderful twin lol. your hair is longer than mine - especially in the front so they fall differently and I love it. You go ahead and invest in those ASAP. of course its not as easy to sleep in but I just lay on them instead of trying to lay around them and when I'm sleep it doesnt even matter lmao.

and afrikan latina what is this concoction you have blessed winnie with?? *headed to your page now to find it!*

oh and here's a great story for you and taking care of your whole body: my FI (well now ex-FI but thats a whole 'nother post!) moved here in September weighing 220 lbs with a beer gut. It is December and he weighs about 290 and I can count the number of times he has worked out on 1 hand! So what's the difference?? I cook! lol. Before he moved here he was a bachelor living with his same roommate from college and they ate out or ate all frozen food pretty much every day. So by default, he has had to take in healthier foods and even though weight loss isn't his focus - it was a definitely a by-product of eating right! So just like with our hair, when we focus on health instead of length, we usually get length anyway; the same goes for our body. When we focus on our health and what we are consuming, our bodies will thank us for it!

Thankfully I still have a relatively high metabolism. But even without it - I have to walk my dog twice a day 30 minutes a piece (walking does wonders!), sometimes I take my camera out for photowalks, and I eat fast food less than 5 times a month. I have found myself going to the grocery store just to go fruit and veggie shopping lol. I will stock up on my fav fruits at the farmers market because it can get expensive when buying everything all at once. I know it's the same amount but it doesn't sting as bad lol. If you want an accountability buddy we're here! And CN started a thread in the health thread to help people stay on the right track. GL!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum