CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny

+7
missvada
curleebrown
NubieNatty
BlondeByDesire
Aisha
CostaKink
taicanady23
11 posters

Go down

How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny Empty How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny

Post by taicanady23 27th November 2009, 12:13 am

I recently went all natural Aug 20,2009 and i am still trying to learn how to take care of all my natural hair...my hair is always OOBER DRY!!!!! i hate it! but i love my hair!...i really need help in what products i need or should help to restore my hair and moisturize it!! i'm so confused when it comes to what products i should use..so if you guys could help me out, i would greatly appreciate it!! thank you so much!
taicanady23
taicanady23

http://www.born2bnatural.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny Empty Re: How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny

Post by CostaKink 27th November 2009, 3:40 am

You should try different oils to do a hot oil treatment. Try coconut or olive oil to make your hair soft. I've also heard castor keeps hair moisturized.
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny Empty Re: How 2 keep color treated hair moisturized and shiny

Post by Aisha 27th November 2009, 1:38 pm

A cleanser that doesn't strip hair in the first place (such as Hairveda's Amala Cream Rinse). This makes it much easier to restore moisture to the hair. That of course should be followed up with a heavy deep conditioner. It may take several weeks to see a full improvement.

Aisha

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th November 2009, 6:08 pm

I'm color treated as well, and I'm having problems with the shine factor. Since I been transitioning my hair is less shiny. Looking for the right product.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th November 2009, 6:45 pm

and another biggie for me to keep in the moisture is leavin my hair wet and not using my turbie twister towel like i used to (not the real towel cuz it will dry, tangle n frizzy it up). i pat my drippies and immediately add my leave in and oils so they dry w/moisture n sheen! castor has been a tremendous help this winter becuz of its thick coating to my strands. it leaves my hair coated for like 2-3 days. of course i add other oils w/it too!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by taicanady23 3rd December 2009, 10:36 pm

thank you all for your help!! Smile
taicanady23
taicanady23

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 16th December 2009, 9:25 pm

As far as keeping your hair strong, I do deep conditioning. I alternate with using moisturizing deep conditioners and protein treatments such as aphoghee 2 step. I also use porosity control before conditioning, once a week.

As far as moisturizing and shine, shea butter has helped the most. I have used almost every water based moisturizer and oil to man, and me seaing with shea butter has given me incredible shine and softness.

I also do scalp massages about 3 times a week with either shea butter alone or with a conconction I made consisting of (rosemary, euchalyptus, castor oil, and coconut oil) I like to warm it up and massage it on my scalp so it doesn't get dry.

Hope this helps :-)
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by taicanady23 17th December 2009, 10:38 pm

thanks chica! Smile
taicanady23
taicanady23

Back to top Go down

Post by missvada 17th December 2009, 10:53 pm

I was having the same problem. I recently bc'd in Sept. And I recently started using Qhemet Biologic's Alma & Olive Heavy Cream. This stuff is the truth, it keeps my hair moisturized for days. I also use it on my 6 yr old son and keeps his hair really moisturized
missvada
missvada

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 17th December 2009, 11:20 pm

My favorite DC when I was colored was the Technician by Frederik Fakkai @ sephora. I used when I was away from my hair dresser and even she noticed and wanted some for the rest of her customers! It's great and a lot of famous people use it.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th December 2009, 1:49 pm

I color my hair as well and the main three things you need are 1. a good leave in moisturizer 2. a good dc and 3. a good sealer. by good I mean works well with your hair. For leave in moisturizers I like Sheamoisture leave in or my herbal essences hello hydration (mixed with water) also look to butters/creams ; For Deep condition I try lots of things lol Aubrey Honeysuckle rose, Tresemme thermal recovery, cholesterol mixed with honey or olive oil but I don't spend lots of money; and for sealing moisture in I use sheabutter, coconut oil.

I also dry my hair with an old tshirt. hope this helps...
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 18th December 2009, 2:28 pm

LilMsPuddles wrote:My favorite DC when I was colored was the Technician by Frederik Fakkai @ sephora. I used when I was away from my hair dresser and even she noticed and wanted some for the rest of her customers! It's great and a lot of famous people use it.

The TJ Maxx near me carries those products. Even with the discount they're still not cheap. I may have to give it a try.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 18th December 2009, 5:15 pm

I've been platinum forever with no problems, I'd be happy to help.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 18th December 2009, 6:14 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
LilMsPuddles wrote:My favorite DC when I was colored was the Technician by Frederik Fakkai @ sephora. I used when I was away from my hair dresser and even she noticed and wanted some for the rest of her customers! It's great and a lot of famous people use it.

The TJ Maxx near me carries those products. Even with the discount they're still not cheap. I may have to give it a try.

Honestly that is his only product I ever used. I would get whatever shampoo and regular conditioner I felt like so I don't want you to think I'm raving about the whole technician line just the mask. It's a bit pricey but it was my must have and it lasts a long time, I still have some and only bought one jar and had been using it almost every week for months and I don't have short hair.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down