CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i did my first of many Henna treatments

4 posters

Go down

i did my first of many Henna treatments Empty i did my first of many Henna treatments

Post by kevynnew 7th November 2010, 2:14 am

i did my first Henna treatment today, but i wasnt able to keep it in as long as i wanted to (overnight) but i did have it in for 4 hours. and i love it! my hair is soft and shiny already!!! im in love. but i do have a question how often can i henna? i want extremely healthy hair.... i'm still in shock that henna did so much for my hair just using it for the first time. i was shedding something awful before i did my henna, i mean i was nervous i was going to be bald somewhere, and as soon as i rinsed the henna out i was not shedding at all! i deep condish and bantu knot and no shedding happened so i am sold and then everyone was telling me how healthy my hair looked, so another plus. so i am in love. so again i ask how often can i henna? ... next week?!
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

i did my first of many Henna treatments Empty Re: i did my first of many Henna treatments

Post by Shrinkage 7th November 2010, 2:19 am

You can henna as often as you like, as it natural, just be sure to always deep condition afterward.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

i did my first of many Henna treatments Empty Re: i did my first of many Henna treatments

Post by kevynnew 7th November 2010, 2:36 am

ok thank you for the reply. i have another question, what are butters? i see alot of people talk about using butters to moisturize.
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Post by drmsd 7th November 2010, 10:05 am

Hair butters includes shea butter, mango butter, avocado butter, etc.

Here's a link discussing shea butter
http://www.textureplayground.com/blog/?p=1384
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by kevynnew 7th November 2010, 8:30 pm

thank you! are butters better?
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Post by drmsd 8th November 2010, 10:57 pm

You're welcome! I think that depends on what your hair likes or doesn't like. Some people like butters, while it does nothing/too heavy for others.
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th November 2010, 3:27 am

Butters dull my hair but light oils help bring out the shine and gloss more.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down