CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair Blogs

+5
Sebastain13
thetiffany
krissyc39
makeupvixen
Ms.Fenty
9 posters

Go down

Natural Hair Blogs Empty Natural Hair Blogs

Post by Ms.Fenty 5th November 2010, 10:22 pm

Hello Ladies, I was on a natural hair blog, and one of the commenters made a comment that was just plain rude about a certain group of women. Now I don't belong to this group, but it really upset me, how can people say such rude things and then say "no offense". I would love to school her very respectfully, but I don't want to get into an argument w/someone online (that just seems kinda pointless to me) especially because I don't like when other people do it. Rolling Eyes

So my question to you ladies is: when someone is rude or pisses you off online, especially when they say something that you know they're wrong about, what do you do? do you correct them, just step away from the computer or move on to a different post?

Please weigh in ladies
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair Blogs Empty Re: Natural Hair Blogs

Post by makeupvixen 5th November 2010, 10:46 pm

I kind of just move on. I may say something sarcastic in response but i pretty much move on. I have both a blog and a youtube and not everyone is nice. People like to hide behind usernames and write crap but I learned to just dust my shoulders off and keep it moving.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 5th November 2010, 10:52 pm

i ignore it. honestly, if the only reason they're being that openly obnoxious/rude is because they want attention. If I argue back they might think that their opinion can affect me so I just let it go...
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 5th November 2010, 11:08 pm

keep it moving! i think internet wars are so lame. it makes the offender look really ridiculous when something rude is said and nobody feeds in
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 5th November 2010, 11:15 pm

I aggree with u ladies Just keep it moving Ur time is too valuable to be getting upset with someone on line
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 5th November 2010, 11:31 pm

correct them. I like making people feel stupid for something rude.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 12:18 am

Deeply Rooted, someone recently came at me the wrong way and that's exactly what I did! LOL

I tend to destroy them with a classy, but dismissive attitude. Seriously, why bother with some fool hiding behind a computer screen? Some people just don't have any social skills. They just don't know how to have a cordial discussion without being ready to take it to the streets. I've known people like that all my life. I just turn on the ignore button and thank my parents everyday that they raised me with some damn sense. I know your mad as hell, but try to move on and engage with folks on your level.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 6th November 2010, 5:49 pm

I sometimes say something a little sarcastic back but rarely try to let it go back and forth and back and forth. I find that these forum/message board fights and wars tend to happen a LOT on the weekends and when school is out. Seriously.....

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 7th November 2010, 1:53 pm

Thank you ladies for all your responses.

So I did decide to take the high road (kind of). I went back a few times to the blog post to see if anyone had agreed or responded to the commenter and no one really seemed to pay her much attention specifically, but some people did make similarly rude comments. And there were others who sort of touched on what I wanted to say, but I don't feel like anyone got at the core of the issue, so I decided to make a generalized comment about people being rude in general on blogs/forums and I ended up quoting the individual (and someone else too) to make my point. So in a way I didn't take the high road, but what I said was really general so hopefully, no back and forth will ensue.

And @fleur_nouvelle, I did notice that exchange, and ummm lets just say I was on your side lol.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 2:27 pm

I correct them and move on. I have learned not to engage in internet wars because I got kicked off of a site temporarily because it got out of hand. LOL. It's best to just comment once, but if it goes into any extra tomfoolery just keep it moving.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down