CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A real product junky

+3
Lynnieluve
yacoomba
naturallynola
7 posters

Go down

A real product junky Empty A real product junky

Post by naturallynola 5th November 2010, 5:16 pm

We joke about being product junkies, but click on this link and if your product stash looks like this, then you really deserve the title. LOL

http://www.kisforkinky.com/2010/09/empressri-struts-her-new-yawk-style-talks-hair-products/

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

A real product junky Empty Re: A real product junky

Post by yacoomba 6th November 2010, 5:14 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:We joke about being product junkies, but click on this link and if your product stash looks like this, then you really deserve the title. LOL

http://www.kisforkinky.com/2010/09/empressri-struts-her-new-yawk-style-talks-hair-products/
A true PJ at her finest lol! ; she could possibly have her own little store with all those products!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 5:27 pm

And you're right. Everybody looking for something to swap for could find it here, but she probably wouldn't swap because she has everything already. I watch her on youtube sometimes. She is hilarious!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th November 2010, 5:32 pm

There is a curly on this forum that has a lot of products like that. Her name is Blondie.

I also watch her youtube channel. I use her channel for product reivews. LOL!! She knows her stuff.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 5:47 pm

Thanks for that Lynnie. I will take a look.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 6th November 2010, 6:25 pm

Now that you said swap- I wonder if she purchased all that stuff or if she obtained some through swaps cause I'm way too cheap to pay boocoos of money on products. Some serious hustling would be taking place on my end Shocked Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th November 2010, 6:55 pm

Yeah, I love empressri because she doesn't take this hair thing as seriously as some people do. I definitely check out her YT channel when I'm looking for something to buy. That's a nice blog btw.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 6th November 2010, 7:43 pm

Empress Ri's YT channel is the bomb. I love to watch her channel and I respect what she says about the products, she will be honest with you. She's so funny too.

I love the length and thickness of her hair and that's what I'm shooting for. I wish I could have a hair stash like that.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 7:50 pm

You're right. I love her honesty. Sometimes you wonder if some of the ladies are in a paid infomercial. Sometimes I have doubt as to whether they believe what they are saying. She definitely has some beautiful and healthy looking locks.

I'm so curious. IF I had a stash like that I would never leave the bathroom because I would always be doing something to my hair Laughing

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 6th November 2010, 8:28 pm

LOL. I think that's part of my problem, I still rinse my hair everyday just so I can try a product, lol. It takes me forever to go through a jar of something because I'm always trying something new.

It's killing me to wait until Black Friday. I got that PJ itch and I really want some new goodies to try for the winter.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th November 2010, 10:04 am

I am impressed with her stash, and her hair! That was a nice interview.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 12th November 2010, 10:27 pm

I thought it was just me that liked Empress ri....She knows her stuff, and money for her products dont seem to be an issue,,lol...I live vicariously through her Laughing
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th November 2010, 10:38 pm

Yes. She is so down to earth. Really, it is so easy to become a PJ, but I can tell, my PJ days are coming to an end. I am finding my staples now and really, but for a few different oils and the Rhassoul Clay, I believe I will put a hold on much more shopping. I just want to get the Oyin Honey Hemp Condish, other than that, I am good to go!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 14th November 2010, 5:56 pm

I feel you on that naturalnola...I feel like my time is fast closing on the pj days Sad I still think I need the ultimate styler..and I cant find it...I love UFD and Kinky Curly but is there better? hmmm think about the donna marie mira curl...then I think I am gonna call it.. Cool
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 14th November 2010, 6:01 pm

I don't think you will be disappointed with DM Miracurl. Really, I see so many people complimenting that product. I sent a call out a while back about UFD Good Hair, but no takers. I was in Sage a couple of wks ago and tried a little. At first it was so sticky, it drove me crazy, but within a few minutes, that disappeared and it gave my hair a sheen that I really liked. It looked good.

I am looking at your hair in your avi, it is so pretty. What styler did you use there?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 6:05 pm

Natnola...I am sooo sorry I didnt see your post. I have to find a better way to read all posts applicable to me...lol

Unfortunately I answered the other thread and did not see this one.. I have never used the Good hair, but I love to research. I found there were alot of neg reviews on it. Not all bad some good but mostly people found it to be so so. I am a firm believer that if you like something, or more importantly your hair then go for it. So get it if it made your hair have unbelievable sheen. My hair does not have sheen naturally, I have to work hard for that.. Laughing
The products in my avi are kccc. The whole line. I shingled and voila!!!! I like it, but UFD is more convenient:) They have the same ingredients though. What are your staples?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd November 2010, 9:08 pm

Jeanlouis, you must be a mind reader because I was going to ask you what products you used in your avi. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! My staples for now: KCKT/Kimmaytube leave-in/aloe gel/AO White Camellia Condish/bananas and molasses/Bentonite/Amla/Hibiscus rinse/EVCO/EVOO/Hempseed oil - So, far these are my "in the bank" products. There are others I like, but these my hair loves. I am still trying to love a cleanser. I am trying out some shampoo bars now from Chagrin Valley and I have a once use of Deva no poo to try. I have tons of stuff that I am evaluating now. I try and give the products plenty of opportunity by using them different ways. I will come back at you with updates as I plough through my stash. What are your staples? I guess I am a product junkie too, right?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 5th December 2010, 7:06 pm

Why thank you Natnola, I appreciate the compliment. I hear you on the evaluation process. I find myself stuck in that place...still evaluating. Trying to find the go to products for a regimen that has not even been established yet.. Laughing I do have products that I find are awesome and I use them regularly, like my Knot Today, and the KCCC, and ofcourse Curly Magic by UFD. I use several conditioners, and several shampoos, and have oils(EVCO, EVOO, Jojoba) that I use with no true consistency, the Coconut I use for my face,as well as for the hair, so I must always have it. I also use it as an ingredient in my shea mix, and to seal sometimes, and to prepoo. I have recently started using the following products: Aloe gel, Qhemets creams, balms, Argan oil, Hairveda's Shikakai Oil, MiraCurl, and the Oyin juices, Honey Hemp Condish, Burnt Sugar Pomade (the last few were my Thanks giving purchases Very Happy ) PJism is a disease I mean to stamp out...lol..not really..lol

Natnola I am ashamed to say that I know nothing about Deep Conditioning Embarassed But I would like help in that area. Just never did so when I was permed and definitely not when I was loc'd.

So I wash my hair once a week. I co wash depending on my styles and the products I have used...I use JBCO every three days. Other than that nothing. You see how I lack a routine? I am a mess..lol

What do you do?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down