CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you already knew this...

3 posters

Go down

But you already knew this... Empty But you already knew this...

Post by AlmostLovely 2nd November 2010, 7:56 pm

Sooo... a while back I got a little trigger happy with the blow dryer just as I was nearing just-past-shoulder length and got major split ends as a result. I've since then stopped and tried to let my hair recoop but it just wasnt working. My hair, from like midway up the strand to the tip was really dry, scratchy, and brittle. It wouldn't stay when I did braid outs or picked it out, all it did was scrunh back up into little wannabe-curl tangles. I was on the verge of tears because the new growth was super smooth and silky and I kept thinking "I could have had a head full of THIS if I hadn't used that stupid blow dryer!".
Anyway, as a last resort before a haircut I mixed a batch of stuff heavily inspired by CurlyNikki's henna gloss recipe:
8 oz of "Persian Copper" Rainbow brand henna(henna, cassia, and indigo), a couple squirts of olive oil mixed with other hair-friendly oils(I forget the brand), about 4 heaping tablespoons of organic banana baby yogurt, and one egg. Used coffe instead of water.
I left that on for about 4 hours, then used SheaMoisture Argan Oil+SeaKelp Masque as a leave-in.
OH. MY. GOSH. My hair is so amazingly soft and managable now, it actually does what I want it to do! The ends are still noticably drier than the rest, but def. improved. I dont see much color change, but then my hair already had some red stuff goin on, it wasnt pure henna, and I DID use coffee.

I wanna do it again!! woot! The package made it seem like I couldn't use henna more often than every 4 weeks. Thoughts on that?

AlmostLovely

Back to top Go down

But you already knew this... Empty Re: But you already knew this...

Post by freckledmom4 3rd November 2010, 5:01 pm

I have used Jamila henna twice in the last 2 weeks. On average, I henna atleast twice a month.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 3rd November 2010, 5:43 pm

I have hennaed now 4 times in the past six weeks (one application was a henna gloss) and my hair has been fine. I wonder why they say no more than every 4 weeks...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down