CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads that are red+heat

3 posters

Go down

Heads that are red+heat Empty Heads that are red+heat

Post by AlmostLovely 28th October 2010, 6:23 pm

Sooo... wouldn't leaving henna on for an extended period of time stain your scalp and hairline? I'm prolly gonna henna-gloss for the first time this weekend and I was just wondering how you keep the color from sticking to your skin.

Also, Is it okay to heat-style your hair after henna? I have this mental image of a plant resin coating every strand, and then becoming molten and killing my hair when I pass hot metal over it.

Last edited by AlmostLovely on 28th October 2010, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlmostLovely

Back to top Go down

Heads that are red+heat Empty Re: Heads that are red+heat

Post by aBailey 28th October 2010, 7:50 pm

I'm pretty fair skin and when using jamila henna I've never had a problem with staining and I'm very sloppy with my application. With another store brand my nails and palms would stain more than my skin. But I would just exfoliate my palms.

From what I feel my scalp doesn't turn red or orange. And I would not use heat after henna. Henna can be drying to some and may make a total mess .
aBailey
aBailey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 28th October 2010, 8:55 pm

heat will darken your henna (not sure if this is permanent though). Heat won't damage your hair with the henna - the henna should give your hair some protection in fact. So if you heat style it it will look darker. I would wait a couple of days for the henna to set before blow drying, flat ironing or sitting under a hot dryer.

I agree with aBailey, most stains on the skin will come off with exfoliation if you tackle it right away. Deeper stains will fade over a few days. I have done henna and henna gloss and for some reason I get lots of color uptake with the gloss but no staining of my hairline. With henna I got a slight stain that faded by day 2 on my scalp, not my face. If you wipe the excess off it shouldn't stain.

Last edited by swoodward on 28th October 2010, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by AlmostLovely 29th October 2010, 6:02 pm

Thanks lots for the advice.

AlmostLovely

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down