CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you buy your henna?

+2
SheaNu
Shaynatural
6 posters

Go down

Where do you buy your henna? Empty Where do you buy your henna?

Post by Shaynatural 26th October 2010, 11:06 pm

Trying to figure out the best place to by high quality henna online. I've looked on mehandi's website and butters n bars. Which ones do you prefer or are they all pretty much the same?
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy your henna? Empty Re: Where do you buy your henna?

Post by SheaNu 26th October 2010, 11:32 pm

im not to sure which site is better but Ive been told that body art quality henna.. i recently ordered some Jamila henna from this indian store online..
TheIndianFoodStore.com
SheaNu
SheaNu

https://www.facebook.com/vybanks

Back to top Go down

Post by drmsd 7th November 2010, 9:59 am

I know those places sell good BAQ henna. I purchased my Jamila henna on amazon. I won't be able to use it until I go home. If all goes well, I'll be headed to my nearest Indian grocery store where they're sold for $1.99/box. It cost my ~$6 online.
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 7th November 2010, 12:41 pm

I bought mine from buttes-n-bars, but will be purchasing from www.hennasooq.com. The shipping is better and I get my products more quickly. I find the site to easier to navigate, more informative, and has more things that I'd like (i.e. organic henna, organic amla, cocoveda oil), and I like to buy as much as I can from the same place.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th November 2010, 7:24 pm

Shrinkage wrote:I bought mine from buttes-n-bars, but will be purchasing from www.hennasooq.com. The shipping is better and I get my products more quickly. I find the site to easier to navigate, more informative, and has more things that I'd like (i.e. organic henna, organic amla, cocoveda oil), and I like to buy as much as I can from the same place.

It seems like the shipping is more expensive here. Maybe I'm not reading this right, but 250-499 grams (weight) cost $16.95 to US customers. 250 grams is 8.8 ounces. It seems like that would add up fast...

Please correct me if I'm wrong! Embarassed
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 9th November 2010, 9:47 pm

CarlaAR wrote:
Shrinkage wrote:I bought mine from buttes-n-bars, but will be purchasing from www.hennasooq.com. The shipping is better and I get my products more quickly. I find the site to easier to navigate, more informative, and has more things that I'd like (i.e. organic henna, organic amla, cocoveda oil), and I like to buy as much as I can from the same place.

It seems like the shipping is more expensive here. Maybe I'm not reading this right, but 250-499 grams (weight) cost $16.95 to US customers. 250 grams is 8.8 ounces. It seems like that would add up fast...

I don't work there, but I purchased 300 grams of amla, two bottles of cocoveda oil, one cocoveda shampoo bar and shipping was 8.95 and I got my products in two days. Be sure you are on the US website and not Canada. Also, the customer service was much better as well. HTH

Last edited by Shrinkage on 9th November 2010, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 10:31 pm

Shay, I don't know where you are in Georgia, but are there not any Indian stores on the ground? If so, you can save yourself shipping. I know, I am cheap like that LOL.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th November 2010, 10:43 pm

Shrinkage wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:

I don't work there, but I purchased 300 grams of amla, two bottles of cocoveda oil, one cocoveda shampoo bar and shipping was 8.95 and I got my products in two days. Be sure you are on the US website and not Canada. Also, the customer service was much better as well. HTH

Hmmm, I will look into it - thanks for the heads up.

(no Indian stores in Portland, LOL)
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 9th November 2010, 10:54 pm

CarlaAR wrote:
Shrinkage wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:

Lol None in rural Ohio either lol.. No problem. The hair oil is amazing by the way. This is also one of the only sites I've seen that carries USDA certified organic ayurvedic herbs/powders, and I think that is pretty cool.

Also the site provides info about the amount of time needed to let each type of henna sit, and interestingly enough it says you should let jamila sit for at least 12 hrs for hair usage, even though I've seen so many people on here say that jamila has quicker release. Totally OT, I know, but just thought it was worth noting lol.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 10:58 pm

Shrinkage, thanks for the extra info. I like the idea of certified herbs too

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th November 2010, 10:59 pm

Shrinkage wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:
Shrinkage wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:

Lol None in rural Ohio either lol.. No problem. The hair oil is amazing by the way. This is also one of the only sites I've seen that carries USDA certified organic ayurvedic herbs/powders, and I think that is pretty cool.

Also the site provides info about the amount of time needed to let each type of henna sit, and interestingly enough it says you should let jamila sit for at least 12 hrs for hair usage, even though I've seen so many people on here say that jamila has quicker release. Totally OT, I know, but just thought it was worth noting lol.

I know! I have read so many conflicting information on how long we should let henna sit. I think I've only done it for 5-6 hours at the most.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down