CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jojoba Oil - Unrefined vs Refined

+2
dajewel
niknak19
6 posters

Go down

Jojoba Oil - Unrefined vs Refined Empty Jojoba Oil - Unrefined vs Refined

Post by niknak19 23rd November 2009, 7:51 pm

Hola Ladies

Figured I would share this with my CN crew. In my travels I met a farmer who lives a few hours away from the Phoenix metro area. I was curious so I wanted to know what he grew on the farm. Come to find out Jojoba oil. I could hardly contain my excitement. It is one of my staples and I love getting products straight from the source. (Farmers Markets are Awesome) Anyway the very nice farmer said that he would bring me in some jojoba oil next time he came into town. Well I was very surprised to see he brought me two very different looking bottles. One was unrefined (yellow) and the other refined (clear).

He explained that the cosmetics industry does not want the color or fragrance of the unrefined jojoba oil. So they purchase the refined one. But what confuses me is that they add color and fragrance to most of these products. Why not have what nature intended as far as color and fragrance goes? The smell is very nice. It reminds me of some kind of seed...sunflower seeds come to mind or flax seeds. Very earthy smell if that makes any sense.

I did a small test taking a dab of each and placing on my fingers. The unrefined oil was a bit more viscous than the refined oil. I would think this allow you to use less. They both appeared to have absorbed into my skin equally. I have yet to use it on my hair. Not sure if I will use both or not.

Wondering if any of you ladies have had experiences with unrefined vs refined?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
niknak19
niknak19

http://www.helixwellness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Jojoba Oil - Unrefined vs Refined Empty Re: Jojoba Oil - Unrefined vs Refined

Post by dajewel 23rd November 2009, 7:57 pm

how much is the refined vs unrefined oil?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by niknak19 23rd November 2009, 8:06 pm

He gave me both for free. I not even sure if he sells to anyone other than the cosmetic industry. I could definitely ask the next time he is in town.
niknak19
niknak19

http://www.helixwellness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 5:43 pm

I use unrefined jojoba oil. I apply it to my ends, add it to deep conditioners, massage it into my scalp and plan to add it to my oils for cleansing my face.

I would opt for the unrefined. Using refined products typically means the properties have been diminished or removed.

HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smartblackchic 28th November 2009, 8:51 am

I have unrefined I believe. I purchased it from Trader Joe's. I like it, it soaks into my skin not leaving it with a greasy residue like my beloved olive oil. Olive oil does WONDERS for my dry skin. I'll be testing the jojoba oil on my skin more & on my hair soon. Great topic OP!
smartblackchic
smartblackchic

https://www.youtube.com/smartblackchic

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th November 2009, 3:00 pm

i get unrefined and if he gave it to you for FREE, than u need to definitely thank him becuz the unrefined can get expensive even for a small size bottle like he gave u! the yellow-ness of the oil doesnt bother me becuz for one its pure which is what i want and 2 i mix it w/other oils for a pre-poo or to add to my DC's.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by RandRlove 30th November 2009, 6:53 pm

I've never used Jojoba oil... I would like to though. I had no idea it came refined and unrefined.

RandRlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down