CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

must b resting ...

+3
DerbyDiva
lumii
freckledmom4
7 posters

Go down

must b resting ... Empty must b resting ...

Post by Guest 15th October 2010, 3:57 pm

i believe my hair may b in the resting phase?? i am not 100% sure b/c i think my hair may have grown like 1/2 an inch in the past month, but that's about it. mayb if i took pictures, i would notice it more, but this is ridiculous b/c i can't c any improvement except mayb 1/2 an inch. if my hair is in the resting phase, it will not grow....it's gonna just sit here on the top of my head. vitamins, serums, etc. may not even help b/c it will only "stimulate" the hair follicle. what is really good with this "resting phase"???

Back to top Go down

must b resting ... Empty Re: must b resting ...

Post by freckledmom4 15th October 2010, 6:23 pm

Sorry for your frustration, but on average hair only grows about 1/4- 1/2 inch/month so if your hair has grown that much, that is good. I only check for growth every other month, because checking too often can hurt more than help.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 16th October 2010, 5:02 pm

1/2 an inch in one month.. what more can you ask for? My hair only grows about 0.25 inch a month.. I do my length check every 3 months because if I do it every month, I wouldn't even notice any difference.
When you see a hair that has the white bulb at the end, this is a hair that was in it’s resting phase.
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th October 2010, 6:37 pm

yea..ty 4 the advice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 18th October 2010, 3:52 am

when your hair is in the resting phase, not all of your hair is in the resting phase. each hair follicle goes through the growth stages at its own rate as the hair follicles work independently of each other. so at any given time a percentage of you hair will be in the resting phase, this doesnt mean you will not see growth. the longest phase of your hair is the growth phase; the resting phase is relatively short in comparison. i dont have exact numbers for you so thats why im not putting them in my post, dont want to misspeak. just because you dont see the growth doesnt mean its not growing either. its like watching the pot boil Smile. you really have to be patient with your hair when it comes to growth. if you are overly concerned with grown and dont see the results you would like this could lead you back to perms or other destructive things. instead, try to focus on the health of your hair and nuturing it from the inside out. the growth will come when the hair/scalp is healthy. drink lots of water, take a vitamin, moisturize and/or do protein treatments and generally make sure your hair is in balance.

and pictures help a lot, if for nothing else the nostalgia and personal growth. growing personally; mentally, emotionally and physically are all a big part of this journey. it helps to chronicle the experience so one day you can look back and say "look at how much i have grown as a person along with my hair!". stay positive and say/write positive things. rememeber, life and death is in the power of the tongue. a lot can be said for speaking things into existence. so even if you feel or are thinking negative thoughts about your hair dont speak them!

and to answer your question: there is nothing you can do to coax hair out of the resting phase. its is a necessary evil thats apart of the process of growing hair. HTH!!
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th October 2010, 1:58 pm

yea..i'mma try the picture thing..maybe that will help me out too ty Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 19th October 2010, 10:55 am

that hair growth sounds good to me Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 25th October 2010, 1:08 pm

hi dolls!

how long is the resting phase? i'm starting to grow really concerned b/c my top and sides have grown a lot... but my back is SUPER short... like barely any growth at all. BARELY! i wonder what i am lacking.. i hit a year natural on 10/10/10.

any suggestions?
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th October 2010, 2:43 pm

the resting phase in particular could be anywhere from a couple months to years. however, all of ur hair doesn't have to be in the resting phase at the same time...diff sections of ur hair could be in the resting phase and others may not

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 25th October 2010, 3:35 pm

eeeek! well, i need the back of my head to exit this phase asap... Smile

top i have about 4-5 inches in length. the back? maybe an inch.

boooo.
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 27th October 2010, 4:12 am

here is a link that explains it way better than i do

http://www.womenofcolour.net/search/label/shedding

DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 30th October 2010, 9:16 pm

Here's another link to growth cycle information::

http://www.pgbeautygroomingscience.com/the-hair-growth-cycle.html

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 11th November 2010, 12:32 am

Try using more protective styles put your hair in some braids or twist for a couple of months than another 2 months than im sure it will grow
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th November 2010, 11:18 pm

ty so much for the advice creolebeauty1...it's much appreciated; btw i have been wearing my hair under a weave or wig i guess u could say...it's a natural hair style wig, which is how i hope my hair looks whenever i grows out and it has grown some, but i want it to grow more, but i guess i'll just have to be patient and wait it out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum