CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

+16
CarlaAR
joneeron
naturalchic
atangledmess
Nikkia_19
misskris
Ebcenia
CA*Nappy
Choctaw
MommaV
raina
freckledmom4
BattleKat
envizionj
tiashaunteƩ
curlyjannah
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story. - Page 2 Empty Re: Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

Post by Nikkia_19 8th December 2010, 12:09 pm

You ladies definitely have me excited about adding an egg to my henna mixture. I was planning on hennaing in the next two weeks but I think I will push that up to next week.
Nikkia_19
Nikkia_19

Back to top Go down

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story. - Page 2 Empty Re: Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

Post by Choctaw 10th December 2010, 8:50 pm

I have henna paste on head that included 1 beaten egg and lots of honey. The batter had a few lumps but it felt silky going on.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by CA*Nappy 10th December 2010, 11:59 pm

Choctaw wrote:I have henna paste on head that included 1 beaten egg and lots of honey. The batter had a few lumps but it felt silky going on.

Let us know your results.

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 19th December 2010, 5:53 pm

CA*Nappy wrote:
Choctaw wrote:I have henna paste on head that included 1 beaten egg and lots of honey. The batter had a few lumps but it felt silky going on.

Let us know your results.

90% of the paste washed out in a few minutes using a hand held shower head on pulsate. I conditioner wash 2x (once with shower comb, once with denman) and I am done Cool

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 19th December 2010, 5:54 pm

my hair is soaking in a mix of castor, gingelly and mustard oils. I am mixing up henna, cassia and amla paste with 2 eggs, tea and honey.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 25th December 2010, 9:16 pm

My first henna experience was last Friday and I'm to go at it again. I'm a believer in this henna craze. I didn't think there was anything natural that could soften my tangled mess of hair and I've been naturally for over 10 years. I've never kept a full head of hair because it would break off due to tangling, dry outs, and laziness. I have to wash and conditioned it more in the winter but with school and laziness, it doesn't always happens. Anywho, I used green tea, honey, yogurt, and jojoba oil. From reading these posts, I'm considering added an egg to the batch that's thrawing out. Do you all think i have a bit too much stuff in the mix? I used Rainbow henna and wasn't concerned about coloring. However, I recently ordered BAQ from hennaforhair. Thanks for the feedback.

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 26th December 2010, 4:47 am

Yogurt OR egg but not both is the usual guideline. The Rainbow products don't always make smooth pastes but I heard that freezing produces smoother pastes with good dye release. Neutral henna (cassia obovata) can turn your grey hairs to gold highlights. I hope you have nice results because it sounds good Smile

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 26th December 2010, 4:23 pm

Thanks, Choctaw. I was trying to find productive
way to use the last of my eggs before I toss themī‡

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 30th December 2010, 1:44 am

Question ladies, do you add the egg before the dye release or after when its ready to apply to the hair. I have henna several times and love the results. I sit under the dryer for an hour and leave in an additional hour and I get good coverage. Egg sounds like something to try......
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 30th December 2010, 10:19 am

I add the egg before dye release. I have not used a dryer with an egg mixture in my hair. Some people report that heat cooks the egg. I have never used eggs with heat in my hair and I don't know which temperature settings are best. HTH.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by joneeron 7th January 2011, 2:09 am

I do not know what I'm doing, but even if I dye my hair without gloves, the color does not stain my hands. Henna does not even let the color of your nails.

joneeron

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 7th January 2011, 2:19 am

joneeron wrote:I do not know what I'm doing, but even if I dye my hair without gloves, the color does not stain my hands. Henna does not even let the color of your nails.

That's interesting because when I used henna the first time (in years) I had a hole in one of my cheap desposable gloves and my hand and part of my arm was bright orange for about three days. I kept have to justify to everyone why one limb was a totally different color. I guess everyone is different in that regards. Razz
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 8th January 2011, 8:56 am

I use eggs in my fresh henna pastes and I henna weekly, sometimes twice per week. I also use at least 2 tablespoons oil or pre-oil my hair. They powders will dry your hair out.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by lima 16th January 2011, 4:30 pm

Hi Curlyjannah!
I want to give a try to your henna gloss recipe, but I was just wondering if you have only use the yolk or the entire egg in your mixture?

lima

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 5:57 pm

@joneeron, on your henna are you letting it sit long enough for the dye to release? Henna itself will dye your skin if it's set long enough for the dye to release---just curious.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th January 2011, 8:56 pm

@Ajsimmons8

joneeron is a forum bot not a real person. There are a few of them here. Look for posts that don't seem to respond to anyone's actual post and they don't quite make sense at first. But they always have an unexplained link at the bottom of their posts. Unfortunately there is an AI behind the bots and soon their posts read like real people although they are always a little off. A tip off is the forum bot won't use contractions.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 9:10 pm

@Madeaj, thanks girl; I was giving the benefit of doubt and just thought someone was really confused. lol!
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th January 2011, 9:46 pm

Yeah the first time I saw one, I thought it was someone who didn't speak or write english as their primary language or someone used one of those translators. But the questions never made sense.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by judithmcnaughts 21st January 2011, 10:27 am

I use henna eggs yesterday, it is super easy to wash. I also use 3 tablespoons of honey instead of the usual 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw materials. My hair has been pre-coated with oil. I will try again, my first treatment I had just joined the green tea and honey. After about your neighbors to join egga reading it, I'm going to try some of EVOO with one of the most high-definition.

judithmcnaughts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2