CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2

+12
mizcreativelyme
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
mstokes2008
Treece
sweetdrk1
priceless
CrissyQ
rayray19
kinksncurls
Lynnieluve
naturallychelsea
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Empty naturallychelsea~ First chunky twist out!! Pg 2

Post by naturallychelsea 12th October 2010, 8:14 pm

Well I feel I should start with my hair journey. I wish I could say that one day I got an awakening and all that jazz but the truth is quite the opposite. I transitioned because I wanted a texturizer. Two of my friends had gotten one and I too wanted the loose limp curls they had Neutral so I started to transition. I kept my hair in plaits and wet it everyday (I lived in the Caribbean so water was harmless) and it grew like a weed. I couldnt help but feel my spongy scalp. I then moved to the arctic, or as its known, Canada. I braided my hair for convenience. They were done by my aunt, bless her heart, who made them as large as two pencils. Needless to say they didn't last long. They got stale so quickly that in fact when I took them out I realised that I had only had them in for 2 weeks!!! Again my hair grew but I didn't know how to care for it so I started blow drying and flat ironing dirty hair as often as it meant keeping my hair straight.

Anyway I found CN in june and have been hooked ever since. My hair is growing like it should 4-5 inches, naturally I'm thrilled. I'm so anxious for my BC once the glaciers here melt lol Razz. So to keep the nerves at bay I'm starting this post to document my journey starting here at ten months and onwards!!!

P.S
loose in the front 3c and 4a elsewhere

Last edited by naturallychelsea on 11th November 2010, 8:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Empty Re: naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2

Post by Lynnieluve 6th November 2010, 2:27 am

Welcome to Curl Street!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Empty Re: naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2

Post by kinksncurls 6th November 2010, 2:29 am

Welcome Smile
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th November 2010, 3:28 am

Welcome!! cant wait to see your progress
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th November 2010, 10:17 pm

Oh haha almost forgot about this. Hey guyys!!!

So far I'm doing a 4 month hide your hair challenge on the natural hair challenges board so when I'm ready to cut after winter i'll have maximum hair retention.
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/natural-hair-challenges-f20/winter-4m-challenge-hiding-your-hair-t6966-50.htm#167946

Right now my hair is in two ponys because I'm trying to figure out which hairstyle keeps my hair super moisturised; twists or buns?
for my twists I use gel and shea and spritz daily with a water and conditioner mix. For my ponys I use HEHH which for some reason takes forever and a day to dry and therefore keeps my hair moist.

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1712

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1713

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1616

So I'll let you guys know what the final results are. To twist or not to twist, that is the question now.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th November 2010, 10:46 pm

Cute little buns!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 6th November 2010, 10:54 pm

thnx btw I'm sure you always hear this but love your hair and I'm gonna follow your CSJ
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th November 2010, 10:32 am

Cute pony puffs
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 7th November 2010, 3:36 pm

welcome to curl street
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 6:22 pm

Heyy guys!!!
I am such an impulsive person. I just finished snipping off some of my relaxed ends in the back of my hair. I posted a question in the general forum asking ladies if I should BC during winter. I got some awesome feedback and I'm feeling the urge. If I do BC I plan to wear it in a puff for a week then do small two strand twists to last for two weeks. This would be my protective style. So I'm off to comb out the hair in the back to dry twist so I'll have an idea of what my hair could look like after the BC with twists. Can't wait!!

What are you guys doing for winter to protect those tresses?

Until then... Love peace and much hairgrease Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th November 2010, 6:30 pm

Welcome to Curl street, love the buns! Good luck with whatever you do, you are clearly in the right space! The cur lies here are amazing!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 7th November 2010, 6:46 pm

Thnx sweet Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:48 am

I did a half BC yesterday!!! woot!

Why half you ask? Because I'm impulsive. I just can't wait anymore. I'm itching to BC but have no time to style a full head of natural hair. So the full BC date is set for Sunday. Can't wait!!!!

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 102_1017

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 102_1019

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 102_1021
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 11:51 am

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 617583 Look at those twist!!! Let's see if you make til Sunday! Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:57 am

I know I don't think I can. I'm off to chop more Embarassed
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 8th November 2010, 2:16 pm

Lol Naturallychelsea, you're just as impulsive as I am I see. Razz

Welcome to Curl Street.

Do you still plan on texturizing your hair?
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 2:34 pm

Treece wrote:
Do you still plan on texturizing your hair?

Hell naww treece. I'm loving my hair the way it grows out of my scalp wayyy too much lol! I'm never going back to the chemicals. Well I should never say never because this natural online texturizes only the very front of her hair to make it lie down better for styles so...
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 6:01 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 617583 Look at those twist!!! Let's see if you make til Sunday! Laughing

You were right I couldn't resist:
naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1810

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1812

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1813
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 7:30 pm

Are you gonna twist the front?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:31 pm

Well as you can see I'm done yahh woot!
Pics of BC:
naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1814

naturallychelsea~ I can't believe I can cornow Pg 2 Dscf1815
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th November 2010, 11:36 pm

Congrats! Looks great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 8th November 2010, 11:45 pm

Congrats!!! I was sort of an impulse BCer too! lol Those twists look great! What did you use?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th November 2010, 11:51 pm

@mstokes I used conditioner and water to BC and applied shea butter over it to twist

To be honest I don't really like it. My hair is uneven because of the different curl patterns and the fact that I cut my hair myself . The back hangs looser than the front and the left side is longer than the right LOL
Anyways I will have to wake up bright and early to unravel these twists and try to salvage this mess. If not a puff it will be but in this weather I'm dreading it.

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 9th November 2010, 2:18 am

wow it looks so thick and shiny!! congrats on the BC!! enjoy those curls..cant wait to see your twist out
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 2:19 am

Congrats Chelsea!!!!! I can't wait to see your twist out. No 2 textures/life should be less frustrating. Don't forget to post pics.

Don't forget to wear a satin scarf underneath any headgear since it is probably pretty cold there!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum