CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 in need of a big sis

3 posters

Go down

17 in need of a big sis Empty 17 in need of a big sis

Post by ErynNicole 7th October 2010, 8:05 pm

I'd appreciate it Very Happy
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

https://www.facebook.com/#!/eryn.keesee

Back to top Go down

17 in need of a big sis Empty Re: 17 in need of a big sis

Post by naturallychelsea 7th October 2010, 9:24 pm

Well I've nothing better to do lol Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 7th October 2010, 11:51 pm

Oh me either!! Big sis me it sounds like fun. I've been natural for 14mo. Is that long enough? Very Happy

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 8th October 2010, 4:54 pm

cool i have two big sisters lol that was quick
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 8th October 2010, 5:04 pm

@ErynNicole
well where are u in your nach journey, regimen, products etc
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 8th October 2010, 9:28 pm

Well I started 2 months ago...I still wear it straight i don't know if that's bad or not and I just go to the salon every two weeks
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 9th October 2010, 1:16 am

Have you decided how long you are going to wait for your BC, or are you going to cut the relaxer out gradually?

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 9th October 2010, 5:12 pm

I'm gonna just cut it out gradually I've cut my hair above shoulders an I cried so I dont think im mentally prepared to do a bc ever
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th October 2010, 11:30 pm

Congrats Hun 2 months is wow and I'd love to hear your reasons for going natural.
But just wanna inform you that heat is bad for your hair. Constantly straightening it could give you heat damage ( some curliest had to start all over because of the staright and curly parts) Instead you could try some transitioning hairstyles to blend the two hair textures and still be fly. But if you must, I beg you to use a heat protectant like tresame BEFORE blowdrying AND flat ironing.
Also you might want to reconsider cutting your hair any shorter becuz I find the length is a godsend for those days when your in a rush and a ponytail is the only resort.
Lastly, you might want to set a hairgoal for yourself. As somthing to look forward to when your tired. Also, writing a list of the reasons for you going natural could help during those trying times.
P.S
have you created a regimen for yourself especially for winter? Shout me if you need help.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 10th October 2010, 1:08 am

Yes! She is absolutely right, I would also go as far as NOT BLOW DRYING if you are going to flat iron your hair to reduce the amount of direct heat that you are using during one style. Wash your hair the day before and allow it to air dry. Heat sucks much needed moisture right out of your hair.

Also if you are going to transition slowly you will need to take special care with the hair that is still relaxed. If you don't the more new growth you have the more the relaxed hair will start to break off.

As far as what Kinky said about the hair goal do something like find pics of natural hair that you love to keep yourself motivated!

Have you started looking for products yet?

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 10th October 2010, 7:29 pm

Mmm naw I haven't started looking for products yet I didn't think I had to since I go to the salon and as for my transitioning styles i was thinking of Bantu knots....I have a funny shaped head so I'm worried about that and this woman I met at my job who s natural said bumble and bumble works well but my hairs like recovering from a rinse it broke my edges off so I have to watch out for that to....soo
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 10th October 2010, 7:33 pm

And im going natural because I saw some old pictures of myself when I was younger and I had like really pretty curly waves and I want that bag I miss having a head full of hair....i had to get a relaxer because my hair wasn't manageable that's what my mother said anyways and i want to be different everyones hair is bone straight at school and now I jus think if God wanted me to have straight he would have gave it to me so yeeepp
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by ErynNicole 14th November 2010, 8:30 pm

what do you think about maybe perming the edges or hot combing them to get them to lay down??
ErynNicole
ErynNicole

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 12:16 am

well I know of a few curlies who texturize the front however keep in mind that by doing so you would in fact be weakening the edges of your hair. You are likely to treat the fragile edges like the rest of your coarser hair and break them off. Also, texturising is a tricky business as it is quite easy to leave the cream on for too long and straighten the edges which would look weird- straight in the front and curly in the back. Also you could end up burning yourself trying to get those baby hairs and permanently straighten your hair from heat damage.

You could always try some gels, shea butter, pomades and a toothbrush for those itsy bitsy curls.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum