CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hair Type is WHAT????

3 posters

Go down

My Hair Type is WHAT???? Empty My Hair Type is WHAT????

Post by BlakButterfli 7th October 2010, 4:34 pm

In trying to really understand my hair and what products may work best, I've been on a million boards, websites, etc... I keep hearing density, porous, etc... How do I know what my hair is and what do these terms even mean??

To me, my hair is extremely(annoyingly almost) soft and fine. It's also a thin in my eyes and is a 4a texture pretty much all around. I have a patch that may be a 3 something, but if it is, it's a 3z - nothing very curly.

Thanks for any information and feedback.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

My Hair Type is WHAT???? Empty Re: My Hair Type is WHAT????

Post by naturalchic 7th October 2010, 11:27 pm

Hello Blakbutterfli,

I can totally understand your frustration, but hang in there, this is a long trial and error process. First off density is the thickness of your hair, porous hair (i have this) is hair that absorbs water and not in a good way. I found out my hair was porous when I would finish washing it and found myself re wetting my hair a lot just to comb or style it. Glycerin for me is a no no cause it causes my hair to frizz. I combated this by using henna as protein treatments and applying moisture to the hair after the treatment. I wash my hair about once a week or every 2 weeks depending on how its styled. Then I condition with a deep conditioner, then add cantu butter as a leave in, then seal with Vatika oil.

Hope that helps.
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th October 2010, 1:24 pm

Check out livecurlylivefree.com. It is a site by CurlyNikki's Curl Whisperer Tiffany Anderson. She has an e-book also. On the site, she explains the basics of hair and how to care for it. She discusses texture, density, porosity and elasticity. Knowing and figuring out your hair's porosity and elasticity can help you select the right ingredients just for your hair. Once I read her e-book and started to list the ingredients in the products my hair loved, I have had very few bad hair days. I can also figure out what my hair needs based on its elasticity or lack thereof.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down