CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texlaxing and Henna

2 posters

Go down

Texlaxing and Henna Empty Texlaxing and Henna

Post by shawnie03 28th September 2010, 11:55 am

Good morning, I am an newbie any answers will be greatly appreciated.

I am new to the henna world, I plan to include henna in my hair care regimen. Currently, I have been wearing a sew-in for approx 1 year and prior to that I have texlaxed my hair. This is hard for me to admit but I have been on the healthy hair road 3 years ago and retained great lenths, I went out and purchased all phtyo products $$ from Sephora etc., wont' be doing that again since there are really good cheaper options. I was self texlaxing (I just made up a word), but decided to treat myself to a stylist and during those 3 visits she completely ruined my hair with bigen, I lost a lot of hair in the middle of my head and instead of cutting it off and starting from scratch I decided to camoflauge it with brazilian knots, hair weaves, twist etc, and my hair growth pattern has been: grow, break, grow break etc. During that time I heard about henna but was too scared to try because of all the steps, don't know why today, it doesn't appear too complicated. Sorry, I am rambling, my question is, can I texlax and henna in the same day or do I need to do each process 2 weeks apart, or some variations of it. BTW, I am so tired of sew-ins, I fooled myself into thinking I can grow my hair back through the weaves, for me it hasn't worked. My family is looking at me like I have 2 heads, my mother and sister both have mid back locks and my 17 year old sons, has started locing his hair, no one understood my sew-ins. Too funny. so so sorry, I guess I need to vent. LOL

shawnie03

Back to top Go down

Texlaxing and Henna Empty Re: Texlaxing and Henna

Post by LittleOne 28th September 2010, 2:37 pm

Lol, shawnie03....it's good that you vented. That's what forums are for, right? haha. It would be best not to do henna until after you texlax. 2 weeks sounds good, but a week may be long enough. Just make sure you are using pure, BAQ henna. You probably already know that, but it's really important especially when you are using other chemicals beforehand.

Make sure you have cut off as much old, damaged hair as possible. If you want to stop the grow-break cycle, you have to get rid of the weak hair and start fresh. Also, use a shampoo and conditioner for chemically-treated hair. Mizani, Nexxus, and Redken all make good products. You can do this!!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnie03 28th September 2010, 3:05 pm

Thank you little one, I plan on doing it, again I might add Very Happy . I will probably use Nupar henna, I have read great reviews. I do like your recommendations on the above shampoos, I am also planning on adding Kalpi Tone powder as well, any thoughts?

shawnie03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down