CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HENNA HELP

5 posters

Go down

HENNA HELP Empty HENNA HELP

Post by curlysunshinee 27th September 2010, 1:08 pm

I'm not getting the color stain and I know it doesn't color your hair as far as trying to dye, but even on my hand it's not staining. I'm leaving it in at 12hours to over nite. Some of the clay turns orange does the entire head of clay suppose to turn orange??????? Need help please
curlysunshinee
curlysunshinee

Back to top Go down

HENNA HELP Empty Re: HENNA HELP

Post by feliciap708 27th September 2010, 9:14 pm

No it should be a brownish greenish color, Did you mix it up with green tea and let it sit over nite? Sleep
feliciap708
feliciap708

Back to top Go down

Post by curlysunshinee 28th September 2010, 1:19 am

yes I mixed it right but didn't let it sit over nite....will do that next time. Thanks
curlysunshinee
curlysunshinee

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 11th October 2010, 8:31 pm

Whne you let it sit, should it be in the refridgerator? I am about to mix my henna now and am wondering where and how do I store it overnite?
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 11th October 2010, 8:57 pm

Mix your henna with tea. I use regular black tea, orange flavor. I mix it and then store it in a warm location for at least 6 hours or overnight. When I apply it I do it like a relaxer, making sure to get every hair strand saturated. I've left it on between 4 and 6 hours and most recently, overnight (which I won't do again).

If your hair is black or dark brown you probably can't see the color in regular indoor light. Check your hair outside in the sun with a mirror and I bet you'll be able to see the color then.

The color I can see inside is from what used to be my gray hair...they're all a bright auburn, well, orange, LOL, color.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 11th October 2010, 8:59 pm

Thank you Free2be!

Now I have mixed mine with green tee and honey, but its a little lumpy, how do I get the lumps out? or is lumpy henna ok? lol
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 11th October 2010, 9:01 pm

Oh and why won't you leave it in overnight again? does it work better with heat for those 4-6 hours? Sorry if I am asking too many questions, but this is my first time, gotta make sure I dot it right! lol
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 11th October 2010, 9:35 pm

I would add just a little warm water or more tea to the mix and try to smooth it out with a fork. Make sure all of the powder is mixed in really well.

Yeah, don't sleep in it. LOL Unless of course, I just have an abnormal spongy head that sucked that glop right up.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 12th October 2010, 8:43 pm

Ok, so I have my mix all made and it sat all night and today, and I am still not going to be able to apply it until tomorrow.....should I put the mix in the fridge? Or did I just waste a box of henna and need to repurchase? How long is it good for? I have it in a ziploc container and it has been sealed?
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 22nd October 2010, 6:48 pm

Free2Be wrote:I would add just a little warm water or more tea to the mix and try to smooth it out with a fork. Make sure all of the powder is mixed in really well.

Yeah, don't sleep in it. LOL Unless of course, I just have an abnormal spongy head that sucked that glop right up.

@ Free2Be:

I noticed that you (as well as many others) mix Tea in there Henna...

Would I be able to take any old tea (Example) Lipton Green Tea, put the bag in the cup, pour hot water (as if I am making a cup to drink)... Then mix it with the Henna???

I will probably be purchasing some Jamila Henna soon!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down