CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Henna'd!

+9
chocolatediva
naturallynola
TheRYL1
DreamMerchant
Gado-Gado Gal
BajanPrincess82
curlysunshinee
naturalchic
BigLipTiff
13 posters

Go down

I Henna'd! Empty I Henna'd!

Post by BigLipTiff 26th September 2010, 2:00 pm

So I finally henna'd my hair last night. I put it in around 8:30 and only planned to keep it in for about 2 or 3 hours but I fell asleep. SO I washed it out around 7 AM

I can def see a little color difference and my hair is feeling a little stronger.
Here's my problem....well not quite a problem since I pretty much expected it to be dry, but I'm on my 4th conditioner right now trying to restore moisture! LOL. My boyfriend has been to church, clean our cars, started cooking and my simple self is over here conditioning...LMAO AND about to miss the Saints play! SMH

Sorry bout the rant...aside from all of that...I'm SUPER excited and I cant wait to henna again. Happy Sunday!
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

I Henna'd! Empty Re: I Henna'd!

Post by naturalchic 26th September 2010, 3:58 pm

Hello and congrats on your first treatment, when you condition make sure u use a moisturizing conditioner or a deep conditioner.....what did you use to condition with.
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by curlysunshinee 26th September 2010, 8:36 pm

Congrats!!! I am in henna mode as we speak...sitting with it in for 6 hours now, however this is My first time doing a full strength henna.....getting addicted to it slowllllyyy lol.

Naturalchic: what kind of conditioner would u suggest after a henna treatment? The first time i henna'd was a henna gloss afterwards i used aubrey.....honeysuckle rose
curlysunshinee
curlysunshinee

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 26th September 2010, 8:56 pm

After I henna I use a deep conditioner. I use Pantene Pro V Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask. I also add olive oil to it.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by curlysunshinee 26th September 2010, 9:21 pm

Cool thanks...looking for a deep conitioner thats pocket friendly... lol
curlysunshinee
curlysunshinee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 26th September 2010, 9:40 pm

Since henna acts like a protein treatment, it has been recommended to use a conditioner without protein for your DC and any conditioning following a henna treatment, and until your hair returns to normal moisture level. I used a combo of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and White Camellia (left on for 3-4 hours), neither of which have protein, with great results. My hair was back to normal after one DC and a co-wash.

HTH
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 26th September 2010, 10:07 pm

naturalchic, I used ORS Replenishing Conditioner...I'm not sure if it has protein in it and that may have been where I went wrong.

BajanPrincess82, Pantene's Conditionaers have done good things for me. Actually, my hair started to feel normal after I used that one. So I don't know if it was a combo of the ones I used or that one in particular but I'm gonna keep Pantene in my life for a while! Smile

Thanks for the info Ladies! I'll def be getting that Aubrey Organics for next time.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 26th September 2010, 11:48 pm

I use the Skala Hair mask but when I am out of that I use HEHH.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 3rd October 2010, 8:52 pm

Thanks so much for your suggestions ladies! I henna'd again last night and used the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and all was good in the world! LOL

I also did my first flexirod set after and the color looked amazing! I think I need more rods for next time though...here's the results

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by curlysunshinee 3rd October 2010, 9:05 pm

question how long did you leave ur henna mix....im not seeing any hint of color or color in the sun...nothing
curlysunshinee
curlysunshinee

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 3rd October 2010, 9:12 pm

I left in for almost 12 hrs. That was not the goal though, I KEEP falling asleep in the stuff!Laughing My hair had been dyed about 6 months prior already sooo I'm guessing that's why it's more visible on me.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd October 2010, 10:17 pm

BigLipTiff wrote:Thanks so much for your suggestions ladies! I henna'd again last night and used the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and all was good in the world! LOL

I also did my first flexirod set after and the color looked amazing! I think I need more rods for next time though...here's the results

Your hair is beautiful! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 3rd October 2010, 11:34 pm

BigLipTiff wrote:Thanks so much for your suggestions ladies! I henna'd again last night and used the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and all was good in the world! LOL

Your hair looks so pretty. Curious to know where in Louisiana you are from. I am from a suburb of New Orleans.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

I Henna'd! Empty IS HENNA FOR ME?

Post by chocolatediva 4th October 2010, 2:14 pm

I JUST PURCHASED 2-100G BOXES OF JAMILA HENNA ONLINE LAST NIGHT AND INTENDING ON TRYING HENNA THIS WEEKEND WITH THE HOPES OF LOOSENING UP MY VERY THICK TYPE 4 PEN SPRING COILS. HOWVER I JUST READ ONE OF CN'S HENNA Q&A FROM LAST YEAR AND SHE SAID THAT HENNA LOOSENS CURLS BY ADDING WEIGHT TO THE HAIR. MY FEAR IS NOW THAT IF I USE THE HENNA THAT MY CURLS/COILS WILL BECOME EVEN TIGHTER! ANY IDEAS? HELP? WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY HAIR IS EXTREMELY THICK. Shocked
chocolatediva
chocolatediva

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 4th October 2010, 2:20 pm

BigLipTiff, your hair looks lovely. You did a wonderful job. What size flexi-rods did you use and did you apply it to damp or dry hair. sunny
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 4th October 2010, 2:23 pm

chocolatediva wrote:I JUST PURCHASED 2-100G BOXES OF JAMILA HENNA ONLINE LAST NIGHT AND INTENDING ON TRYING HENNA THIS WEEKEND WITH THE HOPES OF LOOSENING UP MY VERY THICK TYPE 4 PEN SPRING COILS. HOWVER I JUST READ ONE OF CN'S HENNA Q&A FROM LAST YEAR AND SHE SAID THAT HENNA LOOSENS CURLS BY ADDING WEIGHT TO THE HAIR. MY FEAR IS NOW THAT IF I USE THE HENNA THAT MY CURLS/COILS WILL BECOME EVEN TIGHTER! ANY IDEAS? HELP? WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY HAIR IS EXTREMELY THICK. Shocked
Henna adds weight to the hair like a relaxer when applied. Your hair won't become tighter, but your coils/curls will loosen up and stretch a little. Let me try to find the link that breaks down how henna works for you. Hopefully, I can find it or someone else will. It was very informative. flower

Last edited by envizionj on 4th October 2010, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatediva 4th October 2010, 2:29 pm

thanks!
chocolatediva
chocolatediva

Back to top Go down

Post by curlysunshinee 4th October 2010, 6:22 pm

soooo which henna will not loosen the curls?
curlysunshinee
curlysunshinee

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 4th October 2010, 7:47 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
Your hair is beautiful! ;-)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 4th October 2010, 7:48 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:

Your hair looks so pretty. Curious to know where in Louisiana you are from. I am from a suburb of New Orleans.

Thanks girlie! I'm from New Orleans too. I lived on the Westbank in Algiers. I live in B.R. now.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 4th October 2010, 7:55 pm

envizionj wrote:BigLipTiff, your hair looks lovely. You did a wonderful job. What size flexi-rods did you use and did you apply it to damp or dry hair. sunny

Thanks envizionj! I used the small ones, they were yellow, and I got them off ebay so I'm not sure if they are color coded like the "real" ones. LOL I set them when my hair was only about 30% dry. Which I regret bc my fingtips were wrinkle by the time I finished! Laughing

SN: Can ya'll tell I don't know how to do multi quotes?!?!? LMBO
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 5th October 2010, 11:36 am

Curlysunshine, it's not really a question of which henna will not loosen curls. Everyone has a different experience with henna. Two people can use the same exact henna recipe and one may experience curl loosening while the other will not. It really is the luck of the draw.

I've done a few henna glosses and the first 2 times, I experienced curl loosening. The next time I decided to add amla to the mix and didn't experience any loosening at all. I hope that helps.
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by kanishanashay 11th October 2010, 4:28 pm

I'm henna'ing tonight!
So excited! Very Happy
kanishanashay
kanishanashay

https://www.youtube.com/KPlocochick

Back to top Go down

Post by drmsd 7th November 2010, 10:13 am

BigLipTiff wrote:naturalchic, I used ORS Replenishing Conditioner...I'm not sure if it has protein in it and that may have been where I went wrong.

BajanPrincess82, Pantene's Conditionaers have done good things for me. Actually, my hair started to feel normal after I used that one. So I don't know if it was a combo of the ones I used or that one in particular but I'm gonna keep Pantene in my life for a while! Smile

Thanks for the info Ladies! I'll def be getting that Aubrey Organics for next time.

Love the results. The color looks great and the curls are too cute!!!!

Just for future reference the Replenishing Conditioner does have protein in it, so this might have been the cause of your initial, persistent dryness. I'm glad you were able to find something that works.
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum