CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Seeds or twigs or...whatever

4 posters

Go down

Henna Seeds or twigs or...whatever Empty Henna Seeds or twigs or...whatever

Post by gmAKA1709 25th September 2010, 9:36 pm

Hey ladies,

I was recently bitten by the Henna bug so I went to Wholefoods and got some Henna. The only brand they carried was the Rainbow Henna so I went with the Persian Red because it was the only one with only Henna in it. So I mixed my Henna with green tea and a little honey, applied, and let sit over night. So far no surprises....when I proceeded to rinse it OUT however... I was met by these little grainy things! Everywhere! Shocked There are tons and tons and tons and tons of them and my scalp kind of itches (well actually I've noticed that my scalp tends to itch pretty regularly and only in the back lower part of my head but it's itching a little more intensely after the Henna).. I'm wondering if in my eagerbeaverness to apply the Henna I skipped over an instruction to sift the powder Suspect .

Does anyone know how I can get these blasted seed things out of my hair??!! I'm panicking over here....sigh... On a happier note, my hair is VERY soft cheers and I will definitely Henna again... if I can get these grainy craps out of my head.. Sad
gmAKA1709
gmAKA1709

Back to top Go down

Henna Seeds or twigs or...whatever Empty Re: Henna Seeds or twigs or...whatever

Post by Estiscurls 26th September 2010, 7:10 am

Hmmm, henna is not suppose to be grainy. The only thing I can think of is maybe there was some indigo mixed in because indigo is VERY grainy. I've read that inexpensive henna tends to not be sifted as well as other henna but I use Reshma which is only $2.99 for 200 gms and it's very smooth.

Oh, maybe, you didn't mix it long enough. I'm usually tired after all the stirring and my mixture is smooth as pudding. Whatever it is, don't worry it will rinse out. Get some cheap conditioner (you can buy it by the gallon at Sally's) and just keep rinsing.

Good luck!
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 26th September 2010, 10:27 pm

Whole Foods henna isn't the real thing Sad

They probably added a lot of filler "twigs" just so they could save money. Try sifting next time or buy your henna from an Indian store or online at a place like bars-n-butters.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 26th September 2010, 11:46 pm

I have heard horrow stories about rainbow henna. Do like the others said and get the Jamila form an indian store or online! I do not think it is anything bad. Try to use the thickest condish as possible and massage your hair down to the ends and rinse. That should to it!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down