CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair growth suggestions....

5 posters

Go down

Hair growth suggestions.... Empty Hair growth suggestions....

Post by tsa919 22nd September 2010, 7:42 pm

I wanted to try something to make my hair grow more, and a bit thicker. ANy products you guys recommend? I really wanna try JBCO Pimento oil, and the hair food pomade. Has anyone tried those? Also, should I try some kind of shampoo, or conditioner as well to help? ANy hairstyles? I normally do wash n go's, twist outs, and buns. Thx ladies! Very Happy
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Hair growth suggestions.... Empty Re: Hair growth suggestions....

Post by LittleOne 28th September 2010, 2:13 pm

Topical treatments cannot make your hair significantly thicker. I know there are many that may disagree with that, but it's just the truth. The most effective thing you can do is make sure you are getting enough nutrients in your diet. A multivitamin and a B-complex will make your hair thicker when it comes out of the follicle. That's what you really want, right? Other than that, I really like the Joico Body Luxe Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner. To be accurate, it makes my hair stronger and softer, not exactly thicker. I have baby fine hair, so it's easy for me to tell if something's made a big difference.

Also, low manipulation is important because if you want your hair to be thicker, you have to start by not letting what you already have break or get thin. HTH Smile

Last edited by LittleOne on 30th September 2010, 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 28th September 2010, 2:22 pm

Well I've tried the Pimento oil but I haven't noticed much growth or anything. But I have noticed that it helps to keep my roots moist. I'm doing that Bee Mine Sulfur Serum right now and it would dry out my roots so bad but if I do the pimento oil treatment on my hair for 20 mins in the shower, rinse, condition as normal and then do that Bee Mine Sulfur then my roots aren't as dry (still dry but not as dry).

I posted a youtube Question video about this pimento oil too. If you leave it in my hair too long I started to itch.

I do swear by JBCO as a thickener though. Some say there may be a difference between Sunny Isle and Tropical Isle but I don't know. I think I'm allergic to the JBCO Sunny Isle Extra Dark though, got too many sore pimples and pumps in my scalp from it.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 28th September 2010, 2:26 pm

You are always the best judge. If you don't think it's helping after a month or so, you are probably right! Also, I agree that JBCO can make your hair feel temporarily thicker, but I thought the question was asking about permanent thickening. I think unrefined shea butter has a similar effect to JBCO.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalMahogany 7th October 2010, 12:46 am

I use Gro-Aut Hair Oil and Conditioner. It makes my hair grow long, thicker? I am not too sure about that!

NaturalMahogany

http://naturalmahogany.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Luv 24th October 2010, 11:12 pm

It seems as though you are already using protective styling so that is good. I have been taking hair vitamins in addition to an everyday multivitamin and using ovation hair therapy consistently for about 2 weeks and I have noticed my hair is definitely softer, fuller, and appears to be growing a little faster. It wont hurt to try. Good luck in your hair journey! Very Happy
Hair Luv
Hair Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th October 2010, 11:21 pm

um...products don't make ur hair grow...vitamins or whatever don't either...it's just possible stimulation that could occur, but don't put all of ur hope into products making ur hair grow b/c ur hair roots pretty much have a mind of their own. of course, u can do things to manipulate them, but if ur hair doesn't wanna grow, it isn't gonna grow..good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down