CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can somebody plz help me out??????

2 posters

Go down

can somebody plz help me out?????? Empty can somebody plz help me out??????

Post by Guest 21st September 2010, 9:45 pm

I am kinda new to being natural. I did my BC in the end of July and I haven't had a relaxer since the end of June. I now have a tiny twa and it seems asthough my hair is barely growing. I shampoo once a week and condition afterwards. I never really felt the need to "seal" i just put a moisturizer on my hair of some sort after shampooing and conditioning. At night, I do sleep w/ a satin bonnet. In the morning, I may wet my hair in the shower and then I apply eco styler olive gel and my hair curls up so it's cute and I leave it like that. All I can pretty much do, is wash and go b/c my hair is short. It may have only grown an inch since I did the BC and when I did the BC, my hair was a brush cut. I also have a habit of messing with my curls, which I hear can limit growth as well. What can I do?

Last edited by Indidiiamond on 22nd September 2010, 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

can somebody plz help me out?????? Empty Re: can somebody plz help me out??????

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd September 2010, 5:58 pm

Well the prob as far as i can c is tht u dont moisturise daily. The KEY to growing our hair is moisture. Ive noticed specially with my hair is tht simply wetting it does nothing but make it drier. It needs to b wet then sealed with an oil. Personally, i prefer shea butter as it is a solid so i have better control of the amount Im placing in my hair to prevent the shiny forehead syndrome. Also ure applying gel which has a habit of drying the hair. If you moisturise or place a leave in before it will create a barrier between ure hair and the gel (plus i find my curls are springier if i use a creamy leave in underneath)
hope this helped Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2010, 1:53 am

OK TY Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 23rd September 2010, 12:14 pm

stop shampooing your hair!!! LOL. You are uneccesarily stripping your hair of much needed moisture. the easiest way to take care of a twa is conditioning often. Just co-wash your hair and apply a good leave in(knot Today) or don't completely rinse out your conditioner and you will be fine. Sealing it good for your twa, because as it grows out you wont have as many split ends(hekps with growth). Also the eco gel, is ok , however a great way to keep those curls is either using an all natural flaxseed gel that will not dry your hair. Or better yet, take some shea butter, add jojoba oil for moisture, aloe vera gel and your eco gel. and whip in a blender. It creates a moisturizing, sealing curly pudding that helps hold your curls. ( alot goes a long way)

Follow my blog, tresmoi11@blogspot.com

Hope this helps.
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th September 2010, 4:07 pm

wow..thankz for the advice. i'mma c wut i'mma do~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th September 2010, 4:08 pm

btw where can i find aloe vera gel?? i hear alot of talk about it and i'm not familiar w/ alot of natural products and where to find certain stuff b/c I am just starting out~

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 24th September 2010, 4:29 pm

you can go to whole foods or natural health food stores and find many natural products. Be careful about marketing, not all the products are really "natural". Also, wal mart has a new natural cosmetic section. btw natural aloe vera gel is clear!!

Hope this helps and if you have any more natural product questions, feel free to ask me via my blog or fb page.

http://tresmoi11.blogspot.com

or

Ms DIY on fb
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum