CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advice for hair care

2 posters

Go down

advice for hair care Empty advice for hair care

Post by ifypi..nya..curls 11th September 2010, 3:50 pm

Hi everyone i am new to this site but i am excited to be here to see many beautiful women with beautiful hair. everyone on this site is inspiring me to grow the best of my hair. i have been natural for 3 years and was very lazy about natural hair. i thought it was going to be a walk in the park No but boy it was not, i was very lazy, left my hair in it shrunken state and did nothing to it because i did not know how to do two- strand twist, braid , or other styles, i did not DC, i tried what ever i felt like doing and gave up. i gave up a lot in this journey. where i am at right now is that i am confused about everything i am clueless scratch about product, how to style, how to protect, how my hair should feel like or do. i need advice on products to use or try, ideas of regime i can try, and any other thought you might have that can be of assistant to me. my hair is also thinning how can i improve this problem? the products that i have tried that has failed for me is carols daughters most of her product including shampoo and conditional, miss jessies curly pudding. also any ideas for leave- ins and deep conditional would great. i also brought knew products Herbal essences hello hydration, suave conditional( tropical coconut) and Giovanni tea tree triple treats shampoo if you use these products.. how do you use them? i am open to any thing because i do not want to be lazy about my hair any more and i want to rock my fro afro. thanks for your time and nice to meet you all

ifypi..nya..curls

Back to top Go down

advice for hair care Empty Re: advice for hair care

Post by naturalchic 12th September 2010, 11:55 pm

Hello, I can totally sympathize with your struggle. This is a hair journey and it will take trial and error to find out what your hair likes and dislikes. So hang in there, we are here to help Very Happy lol......

Ok as far as products for me I don't really have a particular shampoo I use but I use Benoite clay or shikakai powders on my hair. My hair does not like the stripping effects of shampoo. Razz ..conditioners I do henna and amla treatments once a month, and i deep condition with Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol Hair Mayonnaise, and then follow up with cantu leave in then vatika oil.....depending on how I style my hair I use ecostyler olive oil gel....

hope this helps Smile
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by ifypi..nya..curls 14th September 2010, 10:01 am

naturalchic wrote:Hello, I can totally sympathize with your struggle. This is a hair journey and it will take trial and error to find out what your hair likes and dislikes. So hang in there, we are here to help Very Happy lol......

Ok as far as products for me I don't really have a particular shampoo I use but I use Benoite clay or shikakai powders on my hair. My hair does not like the stripping effects of shampoo. Razz ..conditioners I do henna and amla treatments once a month, and i deep condition with Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol Hair Mayonnaise, and then follow up with cantu leave in then vatika oil.....depending on how I style my hair I use ecostyler olive oil gel....

hope this helps Smile

Hi naturalchic thanks for your words of encouragement. I am going to try more products and keep a hair log of what my hair like and it does not like. i have been going through the site and i have been taking notes on what product to tryish. i have some questions about amla, where do you buy it?, is it in oil form? thank you for time i appreciate it so much.

Very Happy

ifypi..nya..curls

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 14th September 2010, 10:05 am

hello, i use the powder form of Amla, I buy it at a local Indian store in town. I have not tried the oil form but I'm sure it is good. Vatika oil has drastically helped my hair, the smell is a bit harsh I believe because of the lemon oil in it but it make my hair shiny without all the greasiness. It took me about 6 months to find styles and products that my hair likes. hang in there!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down