CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Tea spritz?

5 posters

Go down

Green Tea spritz? Empty Green Tea spritz?

Post by LadyMika 7th September 2010, 10:57 pm

Hello ladies!

I read an article about using tea instead of plain old water in a spray mix, especially green tea. I was wondering if anyone has done this already, IS doing this, and if they'd like to share their recipes? I'm a mix-o-holic and I love to try new recipes. Smile (I'm also looking for a substitute to my KCKT spray mix, since I won't be making/using that anymore.) I just bought a big ol' box of green tea and I'm ready to get this party started.

Thanks in advance!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Green Tea spritz? Empty Re: Green Tea spritz?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th September 2010, 11:11 am

I typically use teas instead of water. They include green, burdock root, nettle, peppermint & gotu kola. You can also purchase the herbs and steep them in boiling water for 30 minutes. I've been doing this for nearly a year.

I think IntelligentBeauty and Muz do the same. I figure why not add something to the water. I have not had any issues with replacing the tea infused water with plain water. I suggest using distilled water when making teas.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th September 2010, 8:14 pm

I know I'm late, but thanks for responding Chrs! Smile Do you mix anything else (essential oils, carrier oils) with your tea spritz? Or do you use just the tea alone?
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th September 2010, 11:45 pm

I have added EOs. I don't remember adding oils.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 11th September 2010, 12:31 pm

I recently purchased me some green tea also. I want to mix it but do I have keep it in the fridge or can it just sit on the counter. I really know nothing about tea I don't even drink it.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 11th September 2010, 2:51 pm

@ KeAnia, I'm not sure about that, but then again I don't put anything in the fridge because my family will think I'm weird for putting hair stuff in the fridge..in fact, I know I'll get chewed out for it...the only thing that's allowed is my gallon of aloe vera juice and that's because I drink it also.

And, ChrsLvsBks, I've been away for a while without computer access which is why I never got back to you about Indian stores in the DMV and Baltimore, but I just wanted to say that I have been catching up by reading your posts faithfully.

After reading this, and I had been toying with the idea of putting tea in my hair for a while anyways(it's already what I put in my henna), I immediately put some cold Ethiopian black /"chai" tea in a spritz bottle with aloe vera juice , rosewater and glycerin, and Aubrey's Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner.

I think the only humectant I'm missing is honey, but I don't want my hair to get sticky or attract bugs. Also, the cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom in Ethiopian black/chai tea are nutrient rich and smell wonderful. I'm going to mix in green tea as well, because there's nothing quite like green tea.

I used some of my spritz last night, right after I mixed it up, on dry hair, and twisted my hair in 8 sections . I still have on my scarf, so I haven't taken them out yet, but I can tell you that my hair felt sooooo soft when I was twisting.

Thanks LadyMika for reminding me to do this!
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th September 2010, 3:13 pm

I keep my tea in the fridge. I have left it out for a few days, and it became rancid.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 17th September 2010, 2:51 am

I mix green tea with my SAA mix with burdock, nettle, & saw palmetto.

Helps to keep the hair from shedding.
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down