CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is how I henna

2 posters

Go down

This is how I henna Empty This is how I henna

Post by DreamMerchant 28th August 2010, 12:37 pm

I just thought I would share how I do my henna treatments.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is the henna I used. Clearly, one is greener than the other one. The Jamila is on the right and some other one is on the left. I will stick to my Jamila. I do not know if the other one is dyed to make it look fresh or not.

I just washed the henna out under luke warm water. I have not combed it yet.

After the first wash, I use a cheapo condish like this Skala for parched hair. My hair feels like straw after a henna treatment so I think that the word "parched" is a perfect word to describe my hair. I am using this condish to help lift any henna particles left in my hair. I massaged this in my hair for about 5 minutes and then rinsed. No comb yet!

This is after the Skala treatment. No comb yet!

This is my next conditioner. The first condish was just to help lift out henna residue and put a little moisture back in my hair. This treatment has a Skala Hair Mask, HE HH and 2 capfulls of Amla.

Here is my concoction in a measuring cup. I do not measure anything out but it looks like just a little bit though. My hair is below BSL stretched so this was plenty to coat my hair.

This is with the condish in and then I covered it up. I am going to leave it on for 3 hours because I am not in the mood to fool with it! Normally I wash it out in 20 minutes but I am not in the mood. Oh well!

This is my henna hat. I have a black one too but again, I did not feel like looking for it! I will put tis hat on and go on about my business.

Here are my twist after the henna but this is the day after. They are nice and dry and all I used was the shea butter, aloe gel and coconut butter. I put some Vatika oil on my hair that morning and then took the pic at noon so all the oil had absorbed nicely.

Last edited by DreamMerchant on 29th August 2010, 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

This is how I henna Empty Re: This is how I henna

Post by Estiscurls 29th August 2010, 3:41 am

Wow, loved the pics. Your hair is just gorgeous! It looks so healthy and thick with perfect curls. I must have missed something but I was wondering what do you mix your henna with? How long did you leave the henna in your hair? I find it difficult to keep it on for 12-15 hours. How long have you been using henna?

Can't wait to see your twist!
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 29th August 2010, 10:30 am

My henna mix is boring. That is why I did not post it! lol. I used the two different boxes of henna. I have no iea whyI did it. I have never used that other brand before. I poured boiling hot water into the mix (I did not measure it)and mixed it into a rather thick paste. Then I added some lemon juice (about 1/4 cup) and mixed that in. It was still kind of chunky but that was okay because as soon as I was going to put it in my hair, I was going to add some HE HH to it to get the creamy consistency that I wanted. I washed my hair with Nyle Herbel shampoo that I put 1 tablespoon of Amla in. I slapped it on my head in the shower and kept it on all night. When I woke up, I washed it out an VOILA!

I did a henna treatment in the middle of the day once and kept it covered until the next morning. That was a bad idea. All that henna in my hair made my head REALLY heavy and my neck was hurting with the added weight.

I have been using henna since January 2010. This is my 4th treatment. AS soon as my hubby wakes up, I will have him take some pics.

My hair did lose alot of curl pattern to it. More than what it has before and that scared me. But this morning when I pulled my twist, they bounced back. I did not know if it was from that new henna or because I used a shea/aloe,cocnut butter mix that I had never used before. I was almost in tears and about to post but my hair is ok! lol
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down