CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil Empty Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

Post by hopefulcurls 18th August 2010, 7:16 pm

I just happen to run across it today at walmart. I have been looking around for it. It is one of the last oils that I want to try. I could never find it in the vitamin section and I did however find it at GNC, but this is cheaper.

Product's Description:
Recommended uses: coconut oil can be used in place Of butter, margarine, And liquid cooking oils ot saute And To pan fry foods. Excellent for popping popcorn. Makes non-greasy tortilla chips And taco shells. Coconut oil will become solid at 76 degrees temperature or lower And become liquid at temperatures 77 degrees And HIGHER.
•Non HYDROGENATED
•0G trans FAT
•KOSHER
•100% pure

Ingredients: Coconut Oil.

Here is the product's packaging:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil Empty Re: Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

Post by ciara89 18th August 2010, 8:50 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with it because the coconut oil I bought from the health food store could be used for cooking and hair. Since it pure coconut oil has more than 1 use. I'm surprised it disnt say that on the label though.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil Empty Re: Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

Post by cutie_curli 18th August 2010, 10:06 pm

I use this same brand..the packaging is a lil different but it does the job of keeping my hair moistured. I use it to prepoo and mix in with my deep conditioners. Alot of people use organic coconut oil from wholefoods or from a vitamin retailer. I havent had any problems with this oil.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th August 2010, 11:58 pm

I get my coconut oil from the cooking section at Vitamin Cottage (Kinda like Whole Foods but cheaper). It's organic and it's cheaper than buying it from the hair care isle.....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 19th August 2010, 1:43 pm

Gyal yes! Laughing Most of us use either EVOO or EVCO. I use my coconut oil straight out of the jar. (With a spoon of course.) Smile I use it in a deep conditioner mix and in my shea mixes. EVOO I use to help with detangling because it's really slippery.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 19th August 2010, 4:37 pm

Thanks guys for all of your responses! Very Happy
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 19th August 2010, 4:49 pm

@cutie_curli Do you remember how this brand smelled? Did it smell like actual coconut?
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 19th August 2010, 10:04 pm

It doesn't have a coconut smell. It doesnt smell like anything really. I think because it has been deordorized (sp). When I run out of this, I might purchase the organic (virgin, extra virgin) kind but I need to know if has an intense coconut smell..I cant do intense coconut smells cause it makes me nauseated..lol!

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 20th August 2010, 5:25 pm

Thanks ladies. I decided against this brand & visited the vitamin shoppe and purchased organic evco instead! I can't wait to put it to its many uses! Thanks again for your help! woot!

@cutie_curli I can't do a lot of smells, myself but the sent isn't that annoying to me. It actually smells kind of yummy! lol!
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down