CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Setting Lotion Recommendations

3 posters

Go down

Good Setting Lotion Recommendations Empty Good Setting Lotion Recommendations

Post by Curly Film Chick 17th August 2010, 11:47 am

Hey ladies,

So I think I need some help here. I've been practicing with rollersetting my natural hair but haven't found a product I really like. I tried Jane Carter Wrap and Roll and I'm really not feeling it. It doesn't seem to have much hold for me Sad

I want to try a setting lotion of some sort, or if anyone has a combo of products for rollersets and such, please share!

Thanks!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Good Setting Lotion Recommendations Empty Re: Good Setting Lotion Recommendations

Post by C. 17th August 2010, 12:28 pm

i'm not much help since i havent used setting lotion in over 2 years, but i recently purchased some lottabody setting lotion from a local store called Roses for $3.50. I havent used it yet, but my plans were to try curly nikki's setting lotion recipe for my twists/twist outs: http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/11/trying-out-new-product-combination.html

•9 oz of conditioner (VO5 Extra body, Suave Bio Basics, or Suave Naturals)
•3 oz of setting lotion (use lotta body for extra body)
•1 oz of glycerine (optional!)
•1-2 oz of sweet almond oil/coconut oil/olive oil, etc. (I used 2 oz of coconut oil)
•Put all the ingredients in a bottle and shake to blend...
•Add water until the consistency is to your liking.

for the recipe i still need some vo5 condish, Aussie moist might be too heavy/thick & it costs more than vo5 so i sont wanna waste it

hope this helps

C.

Back to top Go down

Good Setting Lotion Recommendations Empty Re: Good Setting Lotion Recommendations

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 17th August 2010, 2:56 pm

I've read somewhere in this forum about someone using honey in their spray mix to set their styles. I want to try this, as I want to get away from having too many pre-mixed stylers as much as possible. Honey is also supposed to be good for the scalp.

Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 17th August 2010, 3:35 pm

Gado-Gado Gal wrote:I've read somewhere in this forum about someone using honey in their spray mix to set their styles. I want to try this, as I want to get away from having too many pre-mixed stylers as much as possible. Honey is also supposed to be good for the scalp.

Wow, using honey? I never thought of that. I do like to use raw honey for homemade mixes too. Maybe I should try that...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 17th August 2010, 7:21 pm

Sorry I didn't find the post before. Look in this thread for a post by krissyc39. She uses honey in her spray mix, as well as applying it directly to her hair. I've seen honey in other threads on mix sprays, so it might be worth posting a new thread about "Homemade Setting Lotions". Smile
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 18th August 2010, 1:14 pm

thanks a lot!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down