CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much Manipulation?

3 posters

Go down

Too much Manipulation? Empty Too much Manipulation?

Post by LovingLife 13th August 2010, 3:44 pm

Hey Ladies!

So between my nightime setting of my hair, And the styling of my hair in the morning, I feel like the front of my hair is manipulated A LOT... I also have noticed the front of my hair has less new growth (i am a transitioner) than the back of my hair.... and I am curious as to whether or not it is because I am always manipulating it, or..maybe it's just the way my hair grows??

What do you ladies think??
LovingLife
LovingLife

http://www.twitter.com/DesireeCarey

Back to top Go down

Too much Manipulation? Empty Re: Too much Manipulation?

Post by Beautifulyfe 16th August 2010, 2:53 am

I cant say for sure what the issue may be but constantly manipulating your hair can halt growth and most times break your hair. I know when I use to wear my hair slicked back everyday all that brushing and pulling broke off some of my hair. Now that I wear protective styles like twists my hair has grown alot and very fst I must say. The first week of June I cut my bangs to the tip of my nose and now 2almost 3 months later its to my chin. Keep those hands out your hair lol. Hope thathelps
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 16th August 2010, 9:07 am

You have to be very careful with the manipulation while transitioning. For my first 7 months of transitioning I got my hair straightened and had alot of heat on it and in turn, when I did my big chop I had alot of heat damage in the front of my hair. Too much manipulation whether it be heat, pulling, combing, brushing can take its toll on your hair. Some of the most sensitive or weakest parts of hair can be around your edges and/or the front of your hair. So be extra careful around those areas.
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by LovingLife 16th August 2010, 4:52 pm

thanks ladies!!! I think it is probably a mixture of heat damamge, and maybe also messing with it too much, I've laid off the flat iron for about two months now, and I plan on sticking to that for awhile. Thanks sooo much for the help!!
LovingLife
LovingLife

http://www.twitter.com/DesireeCarey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down